Automobilista Is Free To Play This Weekend - Plus Sale Now On

From the Reiza forum:

Celebrating Brazilian Stock Car "Race of the Million" taking place at Goiania this Sunday August 5th, Automobilista is currently free to play on Steam until sunday evening.

For those who still don´t know AMS, this is a chance to check out one of the highest rated racing simulators on the market free of charge!

Furthermore, Automobilista is currently on sale with 25% off and the Season Pass for all DLCs is 50% off, so if you enjoy AMS you may purchase everything with a special discount to continue playing after the free trial period elapses.

Check out this special offer on Steam: Save 25% on Automobilista on Steam

@Paul Jeffrey could this go on the front page.
giphy (2).gif

Seriously. How does this sim not have more popularity?
Looking at the comments on this offer around the net today, I've already seen around five hundred comments of "no VR, no interest". Sadly, that's how a lot of simracers today think.

Plus some just consider it a glorified rFactor 1 mod, some don't like its fairly non-standard content, some consider its visuals to be very bad and outdated...and so on.

It's a shame, that's for sure.

"no VR, no interest". Sadly, that's how a lot of simracers today think.

In there defence thats a very valid reason.
Once you go vr, going back to a flat screen is just not enjoyable immersion wise.

It's compareable to having a sports car and a mini van in your drive way.....which one would you choose for a track day ?
If you have the money to afford both your clearly gonna use the one best suited for that situation.

As for the game it's an excellent sim with a great varity.....but as mentioned it's outdated and old tech. I think when they finally move to the rf2 engine it will become popular.....but it will need to figure out a way to be different or more adavanced than rf2, cause it would be pointless to release another rf2 game with just a different name as you can easily convert the content from game to another.

@Kurupt CDN I understand the reasoning, though I never had the opportunity to try VR myself. But it's a bit sad when a sim as great as AMS is on sale and there's barely any interest expressed, because a majority of comments are "no VR, no interest".

And for us not being able to use VR, these comments can also get pretty annoying very quickly. But that's just envy speaking, I guess.

In there defence thats a very valid reason.
Once you go vr, going back to a flat screen is just not enjoyable immersion wise.

It's compareable to having a sports car and a mini van in your drive way.....which one would you choose for a track day ?
If you have the money to afford both your clearly gonna use the one best suited for that situation.

As for the game it's an excellent sim with a great varity.....but as mentioned it's outdated and old tech. I think when they finally move to the rf2 engine it will become popular.....but it will need to figure out a way to be different or more adavanced than rf2, cause it would be pointless to release another rf2 game with just a different name as you can easily convert the content from game to another.
I have VR and yes it's immersion is great but i still race in triples, just prefer it at this stage:)

Same for me Tony. VR has been sitting on my floor for a few months. Sadly. I want to like it. But it's just not there for me yet.

AMS is still the best, most intuitive feeling and fun Sim I've played. Great cars, great tracks.

Same here, I have a Rift CV1 on my floor gathering dust! The only games I have fired up in the past year are AMS and GP4. rFactor 2 just doesn't have the same polish or depth of content to it as AMS.
I like rear wheel drive classic F1 cars, and am running a Maserati 250F season, an F Vintage season, and an F Retro season all with period circuits. There are next to none for rF2. AMS is like a GPL 2 with nice graphics, and great AI like GP4 has. For me it's the holy grail.

Another Rift here gathering dust. It is just no fun having this on you head and face, especially in the summer. And the difference in immersion is not worth it. If somebody had told me that the initial wow factor is so short I would have saved some money. To each their own I guess.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.