Auto playing video when landing on site

The auto playing of live videos when landing on the site is annoying me no end.
Not everyone is in a place where loud sounds are welcome , especially race sounds, which are just noise to those without an interest in sims, and these things start without any chance to mute them.
Is there a setting in my profile etc where these things can be blocked ?

In addition , when I want to watch the live events I will navigate to the appropriate page and having them blaring out puts me off watching as I now associate them with being annoyed..

Next time you delete someone's reply because it has the "adblocker" word in it, at least read the entire reply.
Like I said before, my issue was, that without the ad blocker, I could not access the site to hide the video.
RD is the only webpage that I have open the entire time I'm on PC (and I work from home).

Mod-edit: that is not what the message said, but I stand with our policy that we don't provide support to people who use adblock. The video IS fully optional and you can click the tickbox "x" at the right top to hide it entirely so no need to use adblock to hide a video.

User's edit:
You are correct, the video is optional and I could click the "X" to hide it. I understand that since it first came up on the website some time ago. That's how I used to do it before someone decided to present us with a big front page with "partner" choices. It's due to this thing that I can't access the site to do anything at all, since it seems to not accept any button I click. From my findings it seems to be some incompatibility with my browser and the javascript library used for that front message that your web team decided to use. It's probably a chrome library thing that my browser does not agree with. My fault for not being software trendy. Not your fault for using what everyone else does.
Despite all this, would be nice to at least have an option in the user's panel to disable these videos for good. I have 0 interest in watching live streams. Here or anywhere else.

I hope you can at least address this.

Last edited:
Good point about the sounds, we'll make sure to mute the video next time.

The frequency of the videos however is so low (once or twice a month) that a single click will hide the player.
Muting would be great! I like to have them pop-up so I don't miss them, but sometimes I forget to put my media level on the phone to 0%, but want to have a quick check on RD and then almost drop the phone from the "jump scare" :roflmao::roflmao:

Everything else on the phone, that I use, starts muted so I normally don't put the volume to 0. Would be appreciated :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%