Assetto Corsa Survey Part 2

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa Survey Part 2

Kunos Simulazioni is running a second poll asking sim racers to vote on which cars they would like to see developed for Assetto Corsa.

It's nice to see a developer listen to closely to the community, and now the second stage of the voting has started. You can cast your vote on which cars you'd like to see from the most popular manufacturers as decided from the first part of the survey.

Currently leading the vote are the Audi R8 GT3, Ruf RGT-8, Alfa Romeo 155 DTM, Nissan GT-R GT3 and...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have been great to have a LMP1 car to take as "standard" for the modders that could have already a tire modeled. This could have been great for endurance racing :( this would have been great, to proper modeling a disel car with energy recovery system...

Would have been great to have a LMP1 car to take as "standard" for the modders that could have already a tire modeled. This could have been great for endurance racing :( this would have been great, to proper modeling a disel car with energy recovery system...

I would of liked this car too, I have a funny feeling that they will build it too. Aris has hinted that he is making the 2013 GT3 P 4/5 with the KERS system, so that could be a good reference for modders.

I would of liked this car too, I have a funny feeling that they will build it too. Aris has hinted that he is making the 2013 GT3 P 4/5 with the KERS system, so that could be a good reference for modders.
Yes, i've already saw a post from Aris when he talked about the 2012 version with Kers, but LMP1 cars work in a very different way, they don't have "Push to pass" button but a recovery system that is always avaiable as extra horse power with NO intervention by the driver. :) Anyway, Let's hope that Enduracers choose AC as their new modding platform! :D

Yes, i've already saw a post from Aris when he talked about the 2012 version with Kers, but LMP1 cars work in a very different way, they don't have "Push to pass" button but a recovery system that is always avaiable as extra horse power with NO intervention by the driver. :) Anyway, Let's hope that Enduracers choose AC as their new modding platform! :D

Ah right, i dont follow the LMP's as im a GT kinda guy, but that sure does sound very interesting indeed.

Im quite positive Enduracers will, seems the logical choice to me.

Agreed. I personally don't see the point of building the S1 Quattro; where is it going to race? And against what? Other versions of itself? It'd be an interesting car to have, but no more than that at the minute. The R18 would be amazing and much more relevant, but it was an open vote so we'll just have to see what happens. It's only a 'guide' for Kunos anyway; ultimately they'll decide what fits the direction they want to take the game by themselves. And would having the R18 on it's own be that great without the Toyota and the unobtainable 919?

What I'd really, really like to see is one or two of the LMP2 cars licensed by Kunos. If we got the Oreca and/or Zytek and/or Lola (or Multimatic, whatever they're called now), then we'd very quickly be able to build an excellent multiclass series with the tracks that are going into v1.0 alone. Maybe these cars will need to be done by a good modder, but if that was the case it would still be better to have some tyre model input from Kunos themselves.

The LMP2 class at first glance to the casual observer doesn't seem that interesting, but for the proper beyond-help nerds like me, it's hugely interesting and has great depth. I bet they'd be awesome fun to chuck around as well :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.