APC UPS Backup

I tried googling first but couldn't find the answer. I bought this over a year ago in a garage store. A strange behavior happened just yesterday for the first time that I don't know if it's normal or not. This has been connected to a wall outlet ever since. Plugged in to this are all my sim rig equipment. After playing yesterday, after pc shutdown, I turned it off like I normally do every time but all my other equipment are still 'on'. As I'm typing this, the UPS is off, turned on all equipment and everything is running. Is this normal? Anyone encountered this? Thanks in advance.

If the UPS is truly turned off, then it is definitely not normal. The display might be in a power-saving mode, where the UPS is on, but no display (unlikely). Or your devices are plugged into the non-UPS outlets (unlikely). So, to me, it sounds like something needs repair.

If the UPS is truly turned off, then it is definitely not normal. The display might be in a power-saving mode, where the UPS is on, but no display (unlikely). Or your devices are plugged into the non-UPS outlets (unlikely). So, to me, it sounds like something needs repair.
Yup, it's turned off. No lights or anything.

edit: I opened it up not actually sure what I'm looking for but when I pulled out battery slowly the connection on the negative terminal just broke off and it's got some ,like, battery acid in the terminal. Don't know if can just solder this.

Last edited:
If you are in North America, I'd highly recommend Battery Sharks.
I own the Cyberpower 1350 VA digital unit and that's where I purchased my replacement batteries from.
I've had that UPS for well over nine years now....bought it from Fry's Electronics when I lived out west.
I replaced the original batteries approximately two years ago...for about $20 per battery.
Great customer service as well.
The replacement was a higher capacity battery as well for a fraction of OEM replacements.

Thank you sir but I don't think they sell replacement batteries.
As long as you can open the case and pull the battery out (note where the leads go), just take it to a battery store (where they only sell batteries or maybe automotive electricals) and they'll have something that fits. UPS batteries are nothing special and tend to be just 12V gell cell.

Installed the new battery the other day, waited 24 hrs before plugging everything back, and it's the same result. Every thing is running with the ups "off'. I had occasions of surges since I had it so maybe it's really dead and time to purchase a new one.

Installed the new battery the other day, waited 24 hrs before plugging everything back, and it's the same result. Every thing is running with the ups "off'. I had occasions of surges since I had it so maybe it's really dead and time to purchase a new one.
As long as you verify the connected ports are switched, I'd seriously consider disconnecting the batteries.
Something is definitely shorted.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 44 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.0%