Any solid open-wheel mods?

Are there any worthy open-wheel mods that I could run a custom championship with? I just need a mod and then I would create a championship myself with the championship editor on vanilla tracks.

I saw a few like Formula RR and Formula 3000 on the esport-racing.de site, however wanted to know if anyone tried those? Or are there any other solid open-wheel mods that would be worth downloading and running a championship with? Thanks in advance.

The main problem at open-wheelers is the
"no suspension movement in cockpit-perspective-view" - in my opinion

consequently i like to drive the prototypes in gtr2.

esport-racing is one of the best sources to find out - your favourites !!!

I just installed the F1 Legends (1967) mod and I am having a hard time understanding the FF and wheel degrees of rotation that are suggested for this mod. Any info on this?

The mod version 2.0.3 is also very poor framerate comparatively. It has CTD'd a few times. Any info on this?

Thanks

PH

Are there any worthy open-wheel mods that I could run a custom championship with? I just need a mod and then I would create a championship myself with the championship editor on vanilla tracks.

I am working on a full F1 88 conversion but it will be with Champinionship and tracks packs too.
It is just a reworked / conversion upgraded visuals and physics but wanted to put some pressure on myself to get is finished by putting it here ;)

saw a few like Formula RR and Formula 3000 on the esport-racing.de site, however wanted to know if anyone tried those? Or are there any other solid open-wheel mods that would be worth downloading and running a championship with? Thanks in advance.

While I am more of a GT guy I do enjoy those F 3000 mods both the 2002 and the 2007.

The main problem at open-wheelers is the
"no suspension movement in cockpit-perspective-view" - in my opinion

True, but not a huge deal for me.
Would be nice to get better fitting drivers in GTR2and something really annoying special in VR for me are the Gmotor2 engine do not allow display of under-car shadows in cockpit view.

just installed the F1 Legends (1967) mod and I am having a hard time understanding the FF and wheel degrees of rotation that are suggested for this mod. Any info on this?

The mod version 2.0.3 is also very poor framerate comparatively. It has CTD'd a few times. Any info on this?

Just tried my install and I have no issues?

I am enjoying F1 1994 mod from https://esport-racing.de/f1-1994-mod/. It has few visual issues and you need a matching track pack, but I am getting very enjoyable Championship experience with it, finished multiple half length stages at 200% damage, without AI killing me, which is awesome.

Years 1994 - 2000 are special, they are paddle shifted, and still had wide slicks. Also, they match what GTR2 can simulate best (no modern electronics and no DRS). And I am working on adding the flatspots to GTR2 FFB, and if I succeed open wheelers will be much more enjoyable in a few months (will require more focus).

Bjarne told me there's similar pack of 94-95-96 cars which of higher quality, will be trying that next :)

Last edited:
I know, many people play f1 mods on gtr2, and the ones made by RMS-Randolf are nice, but for me gtr2 engine is not excellent in this area, it is correct but not excellent. I think rf1/ams1 are better sims for open wheels.

The open-wheelers in GTR2 (Race07) also seems to me - "driving a bit too easy" - but this is for the main-group of Users (possible) the better way.
and at rain it is not total frustrating :).
If anybody will test and compare, install a rfactor1-lite, ca. 130 mb and for example the 1975 F1 Mod 1.2 last edition by chiefwiggum and use the RFE-plugin for changing weather --> monsoon-rain.
This cars arent easy to drive, needing hours of experience (without TC and ABS of course)
To have really fun.

The open-wheelers in GTR2 (Race07) also seems to me - "driving a bit too easy" - but this is for the main-group of Users (possible) the better way.
and at rain it is not total frustrating :).
If anybody will test and compare, install a rfactor1-lite, ca. 130 mb and for example the 1975 F1 Mod 1.2 last edition by chiefwiggum and use the RFE-plugin for changing weather --> monsoon-rain.
This cars arent easy to drive, needing hours of experience (without TC and ABS of course)
To have really fun.
Good to hear RFE plugin is used. The main reason I personally prefer GTR2 is due to rain/random weather, even simple rain outweighs all the advantages other games offer (FFB, suspension movement, DRS), subjective of course :)

Can RFE plugin be used all the time, on all tracks/content, or is it working only on a subset of content? (that's how I remember from few years back, it was fairly limited and restricted to special content)

Last edited:
Sorry, possible that this is a mis-understand, RFE plugin is for rf1, changing conditions, changing grip - temperature of ambient and road and dry - to cloudy to little rainy to more rainy etc.
Rainy looks ugly imo, i like to drive from sun to cloudy to rainy-begin to rain back to try conditions.
The log-files are very easy to understand and to edited.
I dislike the missing reflection-effects from the rainy-road and of course the missing sun-position in rF1, srpl from hope-track is for me not compatible to other tracks (but this is better for the rF1 Forum a theme).
GTR2 have more benefits, imo the better grafics-base and animations etc. Only the Driving-Feeling is a little less "hardcore" than rF1 ( i think rF2 of course also).
I am miss in both Sim-Games the GSCE Cars from Reiza (F Vee etc.) All in one Packet and Modding-Platform will be nice :) .

RFE-plugin is not complete active in any tracks, its necessary to change parameters in the AIW-GDB-SCN files, but at trippteam-server - to find a lot RFE-tracks.
The Skyboxi - i reworked for rF1 gernerell - for GTR2 and for rf1-RFE complete.
in rf1 - RFE its possible with "moving clouds" not so "static as you know rF1 from the screenshots".

Sorry, possible that this is a mis-understand, RFE plugin is for rf1, changing conditions, changing grip - temperature of ambient and road and dry - to cloudy to little rainy to more rainy etc.
Rainy looks ugly imo, i like to drive from sun to cloudy to rainy-begin to rain back to try conditions.
The log-files are very easy to understand and to edited.
I dislike the missing reflection-effects from the rainy-road and of course the missing sun-position in rF1, srpl from hope-track is for me not compatible to other tracks (but this is better for the rF1 Forum a theme).
GTR2 have more benefits, imo the better grafics-base and animations etc. Only the Driving-Feeling is a little less "hardcore" than rF1 ( i think rF2 of course also).
I am miss in both Sim-Games the GSCE Cars from Reiza (F Vee etc.) All in one Packet and Modding-Platform will be nice :) .

RFE-plugin is not complete active in any tracks, its necessary to change parameters in the AIW-GDB-SCN files, but at trippteam-server - to find a lot RFE-tracks.
The Skyboxi - i reworked for rF1 gernerell - for GTR2 and for rf1-RFE complete.
in rf1 - RFE its possible with "moving clouds" not so "static as you know rF1 from the screenshots".
No worries - I know RFE is for rF1. I just been wondering if it actually evolved into solid rain support for all content without needing to edit anything, but of course such deep changes can not be achieved in the plugin only, content also needs change, makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

I have found the other 67 F1 mod : F1-1967 and it felt great out of the box. Love it!
I have also got the 71, 75, 79, and 85 F1 mods installed and love them all. some are easy in the rain, some are not. I have a video with some on track action from each and other H pattern shifting mods here:

Cheers.

PH

I have found the other 67 F1 mod : F1-1967 and it felt great out of the box. Love it!
I have also got the 71, 75, 79, and 85 F1 mods installed and love them all. some are easy in the rain, some are not. I have a video with some on track action from each and other H pattern shifting mods here:

Cheers.

PH
Paul, in case you are interested CC Beta plugin now supports H-Shifted gearbox with damage. Plugin can cause misshifts if clutch is not used and revs are not matched. Also, gear gridning works by using SimHub shakeit. Lastly, if user keep misshifting gearbox degrades and dies. Combined with flat spots, open wheelers finally make sense at least to me, as I've been avoiding pre- 90's cars due to lack of proper shifting.

Now that H-Shifting with damage is available, could you recommend higher quality pre 1989 F1 mods for GTR2? I think historic accuracy and availability of rain tires is something matters the most to me. Era accurate tracks matter too - even if there are just a few of them. I am going to check mods you listed, I remember F1 1967 being good! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Paul, in case you are interested CC Beta plugin now supports H-Shifted gearbox with damage. Plugin can cause misshifts if clutch is not used and revs are not matched. Also, gear gridning works by using SimHub shakeit. Lastly, if user keep misshifting gearbox degrades and dies. Combined with flat spots, open wheelers finally make sense at least to me, as I've been avoiding pre- 90's cars due to lack of proper shifting.

Now that H-Shifting with damage is available, could you recommend higher quality pre 1989 F1 mods for GTR2? I think historic accuracy and availability of rain tires is something matters the most to me. Era accurate tracks matter too - even if there are just a few of them. I am going to check mods you listed, I remember F1 1967 being good! Thanks in advance.
I like the 71, 75, 79 and 85 mods. There are also a few others like 86, 88 and 89 but I have not yet tried them.
What is the CC beta plug-in?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 87 58.4%