Another GPU question for triples

After 7 years I have built a new pc for my sim rig.
Specs so far are:
- CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
- MOBO: MSI B650 Edge Wifi
- RAM: TeamForce T-Delta 32Gb
- SSD: Crucial P5 2TB M.2
- Case: Monetech Sky 2
- CPU cooler: DeepCool LT270
- PSU: Thermaltake 750W

Now, the main component I can't decide on is the missing GPU.
I am leaning towards to 7800XT or 4070.
Plan is to run 32" triples on 1440P in AC.
Will those work? Anyone running this combo?

I would think a 4080 would be needed for 1440 x 3. A 4070 would probably run them but at what frame rate is the question.

Now, the main component I can't decide on is the missing GPU.
I am leaning towards to 7800XT or 4070.
Plan is to run 32" triples on 1440P in AC.
Will those work? Anyone running this combo?
Yes, the 7800XT will run triple 1440p in AC with acceptable fps; I'm less confident about the 4070. However, don't shortchange yourself in the GPU because what will you do in 2 years when everybody is playing AC2 and it ends up with lower fps?

Personally, I'd advise a GPU of not less than 3080Ti level as we know it runs triple 1440p very well in more sims. The handy chart from techpowerup is a good guide for relative performance.

1703954347880.png

Last edited:
Though this valuable information I´m not sure that this chart fits the situation.
From what I read there are differences in GPU use between single and tripple screens and especially different games/Sims)

One rumor says AMD does not compete well in tripples and especially not on ACC?

But this questions have been asked before, so a little more research in this forum should give good results and more reliable info from reputable sources.;)

Last edited:
I did a search in this forum, but most of the topics are pre 7800xt and not using the 7800x3d cpu.
Unless I didn't look in the right place.

This questions are good, but makes me feel as I don't know.
At the moment my single monitor 1440p and GTX1070 runs at anywhere between 90 and 120 fps.
I was expecting that newer generation gpus could do so much better. Is my assumption incorrect?
I know and accept that at the start fps drops due to all the details to be rendered. But later in the race, off line at the moment still way too slow, I would expect a good fps like 100 or more.
Are my expectations too high?

The 4070 is about 2.5x faster than your 1070 and that will get you similar performance from triple 1440p that you are currently getting with a single screen. So if you're looking for 120+ fps all the time, then you need more GPU power. This is why I recommend the 3080Ti level (3x faster than your 1070) or higher for triple 1440p.

[GPU for triple screens need to be 2x-2.5x faster to achieve the same fps as the GPU for a single screen]

Last edited:
The 4070 is about 2.5x faster than your 1070 and that will get you similar performance from triple 1440p that you are currently getting with a single screen. So if you're looking for 120+ fps all the time, then you need more GPU power. This is why I recommend the 3080Ti level (3x faster than your 1070) or higher for triple 1440p.

[GPU for triple screens need to be 2x-2.5x faster to achieve the same fps as the GPU for a single screen]
Thanks, that's very helpfull.
Looking online, the 3080Ti is similar in speed as the 7900XT which is newer.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea