Android dash and button box recommendations

Hi everyone,
I have recently joined the smartphone generation and upgraded my ancient Nokia when it finally stopped working.

I have now discovered that I might be able to use it as a virtual dash and button box.

Been attempting to do some research whilst waiting to catch a plane home from holiday but can't seem to find anything that fits my "idea" of what I probably want it to do.

So I want a virtual dash to show things like tire temperature, brake temp, fuel usage etc. I also want to use it as a button box as i could do with a few more buttons for commands. Finally if it can collect telemetry so I can look at lap comparisons etc that would be a nice bonus although more for fun than because I am a hardcore driver.

All of this in one program, maybe with swipe to change between dash and button box screens would be perfect.

Dash metre pro looks good but as far as I can tell it does not do button box. I could be wrong so please correct me if I am.

Looking forward to your recommendations and any suggestions on mounting it or positioning it with a G27 would also help. Phone is Moto E so not particularly awesome and not a huge screen.

Thanks for reading this far!

Jim

Ok thanks for the help everyone. Got my Moto E 2nd Gen running DashMeterPro and very impressed. Really nice features. Not sure where to mount my phone. Was considering a clip to put it on the wheel but concerned it might get in the way. Ideally I think below the monitor but not worked out a nice way of doing that yet.

In terms of the button box was looking at Power-Grid and an Amazon Fire 7" tablet. They sometimes drop to £40 (or less). Currently £49.99. I believe the Amazon fire does not come with the Google Play store but it is essentially and Android device locked to Amazon. However, it seems that the clever people on the Internet have found relatively simple ways of getting the play store on the Amazon fire so I have access to all the usual apps.

Has any body any experience with the Amazon Fire and using it as a button box or indeed for DashMeterPro. I basically just want the cheapest Android device I can get as do not need a camera etc.

I just bought a no-name 8" tablet off ebay, think it was £25 delivered. Don't think these apps need that much horsepower and being stuck to your rig you can just leave it plugged in so battery life is also not that big a deal.

This is the grid I use for rF2 and SCE/AMS, "Wipers" doesn't work with AMS. Note, this is a "landscape" grid. Power-Grid doesn't support landscape directly but the buttons have been rotated to work horizontally. I've never exported a grid for someone else to use, let me know if you dont' get the buttons like those below.

Top left is "Ignition" (turn on) then "Engine Start".
upload_2016-7-7_18-43-17.png

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqHpv9y-6O-pwUA6aHayjYg5GBM

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes