AMD FSR looks Terrible on GTX 670

Hi all, I tested AMD FSR yesterday and it looked terrible. I did get an improvement in performance, but it looks like 720p. Is it meant to look like this.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

I would say it is probably working. The statement about minimum cards is what they officially say they support. Generally it should be working with much older cards. However, it might be not very benificial to use it with those older cards.

I have a GTX 970 which is not officially supported too, but I think it is working as intended.

What screen resolution are you using?
What quality level or percentage did you select?

Lets assume you use 1080p with Performance preset. That means it uses 50% of the native screen resolution internaly and upscales to 1080p. Unfortunately these are pretty few pixels for the upscaling algorithm to work with so the result is not the best.

1637921423013.png

FSR will deliver better results when it is applied in situatations where the resolution is allready quite high. It seems to be really good if you target 4K. 1440p is kind of a middle ground. There it depends pretty much on you if you are willing to trade some loss of image quality for performance. I tried 1440p with balanced. I'll probably stick with that because it gives me 10-15 FPS (so I'm now around 60) but I'm sure a lot of people would not be using it.

Please correct me, if I got something wrong.

I would say it is probably working. The statement about minimum cards is what they officially say they support. Generally it should be working with much older cards. However, it might be not very benificial to use it with those older cards.

I have a GTX 970 which is not officially supported too, but I think it is working as intended.

What screen resolution are you using?
What quality level or percentage did you select?

Lets assume you use 1080p with Performance preset. That means it uses 50% of the native screen resolution internaly and upscales to 1080p. Unfortunately these are pretty few pixels for the upscaling algorithm to work with so the result is not the best.

View attachment 520296

FSR will deliver better results when it is applied in situatations where the resolution is allready quite high. It seems to be really good if you target 4K. 1440p is kind of a middle ground. There it depends pretty much on you if you are willing to trade some loss of image quality for performance. I tried 1440p with balanced. I'll probably stick with that because it gives me 10-15 FPS (so I'm now around 60) but I'm sure a lot of people would not be using it.

Please correct me, if I got something wrong.
Thanks you very much everyone for your replies nad help. I do use 1080p and 100% scaling , and I tried all the presets, but I Belive that fsr is downscaling the resolution, but then not upscaling it to make it look fine. Unfortunately, I can't try 1440p or 4K cause I don't have a high resolution moniter but thats alright. I just wanted to know if I have a problem on my end or if, Its just because I have such an old card.

Thanks again everyone for your replies and all your help, I really appreciate it.

Cheers.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 115 70.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 33 20.1%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 20.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages