Alonso Crashes at Indy - Difficult Start for McLaren

This "arrogance" BS i can't hear anymore. If he takes a ride with a proven
top team (like Andretti 2017) people say he makes it nice and easy for
himself for winning Indy by implying that everyone can win in such a car.
If he chooses to try to win this race with "his" team McLaren, going the
hard way together with them by building and testing a completely new car,
with a "new" staff, suddenly this is called arrogance for some reason.
At least for me that deserves a lot of respect for sure.
Yes they failed this time and to be honest, it wasn't that of a surprise but can
anyone tell me what this all has to do with "arrogance"?
Like winning LeMans in the only car in the category?

It wasn’t Alonso who was arrogant, it was McLaren. It is something that has plagued the team in recent years.
Scheduling one test session before running at Indianapolis was arrogance (or idiocy). They are a mess at the minute (read up on the steering wheel story). I see also that Bob Fearnley has been sacked over the debacle.
I would love Alonso to win the Indy 500 but I believe if he does it it won’t be in a McLaren. He has wasted enough years of his career trying to resurrect this fallen giant.

Embarrassing.

The issues Brown revealed included a last-minute scramble to secure a steering wheel from a another manufacturer after McLaren's attempts to make their own had failed.

The team also lost valuable testing time due to their spare car being unavailable as it was being repainted the correct shade of orange.

There were also several technical errors that occurred in Indianapolis, most notably when mechanics confused inches and centimetres, leaving the car to scrape and spark when it went out on track for Sunday's qualifying showdown.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.