All cars go to pits after first lap

Title says it all - all cars go into its after first lap.

I was playing around with AI and AI line helper and not certain if I altered a setting, but I can't' seem to find any unusual setting.
Also, CM (using CSP 0.1.75) seems to be reporting that I have duplicate Championships or off-track files so I'm not certain if something unusual is happening there.

I'd appreciate any help

John

Richard,
Thaks for the reply. Unfortunately, it appears that all tracks may be affected.

Started with Prato Long for which I created an AI line using AI and AI Line Helper. That process started the problem of all cars into the pits after one lap, but I finagled with CSP New AI app, and it appears to be fixes.

Yesterday, one of my custom championships stopped working - the AI cars wouldn't leave the pits in the practice session. Today, I got some unusual messages from CM- you have duplicate championships, duplicate tracks in tracks-off folder, etc. Then all the tracks stated with the back to the pits after one lap routine. Quite perplexing.

Tracks affected - Summit Point, Mangione a Kunos track I believe, Thruxton, Prato Long - can't remember those others right now.

Richard,
Thaks for the reply. Unfortunately, it appears that all tracks may be affected.

Started with Prato Long for which I created an AI line using AI and AI Line Helper. That process started the problem of all cars into the pits after one lap, but I finagled with CSP New AI app, and it appears to be fixes.

Yesterday, one of my custom championships stopped working - the AI cars wouldn't leave the pits in the practice session. Today, I got some unusual messages from CM- you have duplicate championships, duplicate tracks in tracks-off folder, etc. Then all the tracks stated with the back to the pits after one lap routine. Quite perplexing.

Tracks affected - Summit Point, Mangione a Kunos track I believe, Thruxton, Prato Long - can't remember those others right now.
Fixed - it appears that the sound mod on the car I was using caused these problems - switching to the unmodified car and others eliminated any further occurrences.

Thanks

Fantastic mate, I didn't get chance to have a look and sorry for the late reply. Can I just ask if you know much about putting putting sponsors on inside of car? I cant find the exact file for changing textures or putting adverts for dashboards in the V8 supercars.

The file I found when editing changes the dashboard, gearstick and seat. I would just like to put the sponsors on the dash.

Any idea?https://ibb.co/c6hc2tH

Thanks Richard

Richard,

Sorry - I'm not familiar with that process but I'd like to learn how to do that also.

What file did you find that allows editing of dashboards? That is something I'd like to be able to do.

John

Software

Photoshop, I use 2021 version

Content manager full

Once everything is installed

Choose a car to be modified I will choose V8 supercar Holden ZB

D:\Steam Platform\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\supercars_holden_zb

In this main file is a KN5 model file,

HOLDENv8_zb double click on this file and the car will appear in a showroom

Controls are tricky with camera….

When viewing the car, it will show different sections when clicking on the dash or wheel etc… Ps if you leave mouse in one area and right click it will go through 1 by 1 what can be changed in that area. Usually, 2 or 3 times you can right click.

For example

You clicked on the dash and a box will appear

Look next to leather_black_mat01.dds and you will see 3 dots, click and it will bring up a CAR TEXTURE box

Next click on CALCULATE AO and it will render the file you need then save it

Keep everything open at this stage..

Now go to the file you just saved and rendered

Open with Photoshop as it’s a DDS file and just click okay when first box opens up

Once image has opened up use ALT and mouse wheel to zoom in a little

Now quickly find any image on computer that is either Jpeg or something similar.

Drag the picture across into the middle of the box on the photoshop, move it around until you are happy with it. Then double click on it to place the picture and lock it in.

I chose a picture of oranges

Now go to file at top left and find SAVE AS

File name should be correct leather_black_mat01.dds

Save as type needs changing to D3D/DDS

Click save and sometimes it asks to overwrite just say yes

NVIDIA dds format box will appear

Top drop-down box needs to be DXT5 ARGB 8BPP l Interpolated alpha

Don’t touch anything else

Save

Now go back to the car in the showroom

And click on the 3 dots next to txdiffuse leather_black_mat01.dds

Click replace and replace with the file you saved from photoshop and that’s it. Check the car in showroom and will have oranges inside

This is very basic but it’s the same process for skinning outside the car, just different files etc

Hope its of some help, I don’t know why the wheel and seat are replaced with dash texture but im hoping someone will tell me one day. I have asked on the forums but no reply yet..

I'm going through my career and I'm having this problem too. whenever there is a Ferrari 458 Stage 3 on the track as an AI opponent, it will return to the pits at the end of the first lap and will never start again. when I face the Ferrari 458 stage 3 trophies, I practically remain alone on the track from the second lap onwards. It's been a while and I'd like to know if anyone has managed to figure this out and resolve it.

Last edited:
I had the same issue this morning, racing F1 2002 around any track, all pitting on first lap, change cars to BMW M1, all good. So definitely car dependent.
Fixed - it appears that the sound mod on the car I was using caused these problems - switching to the unmodified car and others eliminated any further occurrences.
Will explore if any extension sound modification could be a cause and will report, as I have added one to the F1 I was driving (to avoid getting deaf :) )
Even dough I hardly can see a correlation between pitting and sound file, but with CSP, sometime, logic does not seem to apply.

Edit1: sound extension did not change anything, but I notice that all the cars have rain tires (W) but the weather is dry, they go n to pit and stay there. How can I force the AI to start on dry tires. Tried all I could in set up, but nothing changes anything.

Last edited:
I'm going through my career and I'm having this problem too. whenever there is a Ferrari 458 Stage 3 on the track as an AI opponent, it will return to the pits at the end of the first lap and will never start again. when I face the Ferrari 458 stage 3 trophies, I practically remain alone on the track from the second lap onwards. It's been a while and I'd like to know if anyone has managed to figure this out and resolve it.
came here to report exact the same problem, same car, same track, also career mode. Tried to disable "New AI Behavior". Didn't work.

Workaround.
Found in Reddit and it worked for me!

u/Dodkrieg
Mar 6, 2014

I found a work around. It appears that something is wrong with the AI with that particular car (Ferrari 458 Italia Stage 3).

If I go to here in my AC install directory for the two events with the Ferrari 458 Italia Stage 3:
\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\career\series9
\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\career\series12

Open up "opponents.ini" in each respective directory.
Find "MODEL=ferrari_458_s3" and replace it with one of the directories/cars from :
\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
Such as "MODEL=ferrari_458_gt2" or "MODEL=ferrari_458" to at least keep it the sorta same car.

In each of the Series9 and Series12 folders there will be subfolders "event1", "event2", etc
Go into each event 1 - 6 and edit "events.ini" and find "MODEL=ferrari_458_s3" and replace it with the same one you picked for the opponents. For example Series9 you could use "MODEL=ferrari_458" and Series12 use "MODEL=ferrari_458_gt2".

After you change the car they seem to do the laps like normal. Weird. Maybe a modder knows more or whatever.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.