Alerts getting lost in the thread, still happening after Kenny & Bram tests

When I click on an Alert to be taken to a particular message in a thread, the forum plops my screen anywhere but the requested message. Kenny & Bram said they tested and it worked fine, but the next 4 alerts I clicked on, all in the GTR Revivial thread, usually ended up somewhere in the original story where the pictures of the Can-Am Ferrari or BTCC car were located. I would be forced to scroll around to find the message I was looking for and then compare the original LIKE or comment in the alert until I found the message.
I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but just mentioning this problem in the GTR Revivial thread produced several other users with the same issue.
I'll also admit I am not a member, but then, I'm not a member of any site other than to register. Since I was not alone in this issue, I'm hoping to help the users here who also have the same problem.

As it happens for me only in the GTR Revival project thread i can only conclude for now it's caused by the Twitter embeds in the opening post.

Does it happen anywhere else on RD articles?

On my phone it's still fine even GTR Revival alerts. Could it be browser related.
I use Firefox, it has worked properly for years prior to this. First notification this morning repeated the same thing. Takes me to the thread, but not the precise message. Yup, just tried another Alert link and that worked correctly. Seems to be isolated with the GTR Revivial thread.

Last edited:
I've seen this on pages with images that load in after the initial page load, and yup it's veeery annoying.

My workaround (in Firefox) is to go to the address bar after the page has finished displaying (I use ctrl-L to avoid having to move my hand to the mouse :p) and then just hit enter, which essentially redisplays the chosen URL. The key bit here is that the URL will end with some text like #post-3650673 which points to the particular bit of the page that is meant to be displayed, and re-entering the URL *without* forcing a full reload of the page will just skip it down the page to the correct post.
Slightly painful, but right now I don't know of a better workaround.

I had 3 alerts, including this one, I the site took me to the correct page, but I had to scroll down to the bottom of all three threads.(except this one.)
The Threads were New Cars coming to ACC and the GTR Revival.
Strangely the AM2 thread work correctly.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea