Tracks AI stopping at crash

Hello, I am currently making a kart track that I have modeled from Blender, and have loaded into the game with many problems that I have fixed. I made a proper AI line, including some tweaking in the SDK modding app and the AI helper plugin/app. One thing I cannot fix is that whenever the AI crash into a wall, which is very easy, since they start 2 wide coming into a hairpin, the AI do not move and sometimes retire. I have videos linked as evidence as attachments. Any help is appreciated.

Excuse my driving, this is obviously for dramatic effect in case something happens in a race.

Attachments

• ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • ezgif.com-video-to-gif (3).gif
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif (3).gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • ezgif.com-optimize.gif
    ezgif.com-optimize.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Did you make the visual wall object collide-able or do you use an invisible collider wall?

Cars can get stuck if collider object is too complex, it should ideally be a single sided wall/plane with the Normals oriented to the side you want the collision to happen to.

I made the visual wall collide-able, although I can restore it since I did it in a previous save. I had more problems with the invisible collider wall, but that was probably because of my problems with using empty objects, somehow in blender empty objects do not show up anymore, I've tried to fix it but it was to no avail. I also couldn't find a way to make transparent objects, but I just remembered I could do it in the AC SDK. In the visual walls I did flip all of the normals since that problem did show up, and I fixed some of the edges on the curves that I had problems with.

On a side note, the crashing happens anywhere, as I put in one of the GIFs I could just stop on the track and all the AI would stop. So, I honestly do not know what is happening. I could fix the walls, and I'm sure others have encountered this problem but I had no success in searching endless forums for AI behavior like this. Thanks for the reply.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 474 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 138 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 181 26.8%
Back