AI keep crashing me out of the race.

Hi I need some help please. After the last hotfix update I came to this forum saying the AI were too aggressive causing me to crash out of the race. It was suggested I renew my profile and delete "my documents" files etc and I did and the problem got much better.

Now again I am having the same problem. I was just two thirds through a race and the AI hit me up the back going around a corner and span me out of the race. This has happened so many times. Once I had to play the same race 6 times just to finish it without major incident. It has become very frustrating and I am not enjoying the game because I am dreading what will happen.

I have mainly been driving the EEC gt3 mod but it happens in other races as well.

Any help will be appreciated and thank you.

Hi I need some help please. After the last hotfix update I came to this forum saying the AI were too aggressive causing me to crash out of the race. It was suggested I renew my profile and delete "my documents" files etc and I did and the problem got much better.

Now again I am having the same problem. I was just two thirds through a race and the AI hit me up the back going around a corner and span me out of the race. This has happened so many times. Once I had to play the same race 6 times just to finish it without major incident. It has become very frustrating and I am not enjoying the game because I am dreading what will happen.

I have mainly been driving the EEC gt3 mod but it happens in other races as well.

Any help will be appreciated and thank you.

Mod content is the cause, try with default tracks and cars and see if the problem persist, as far as I know EEC mods are for multiplayer races so AI isn't top notch as Reiza one.

Mod content is the cause, try with default tracks and cars and see if the problem persist, as far as I know EEC mods are for multiplayer races so AI isn't top notch as Reiza one.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried other default tracks and cars and had the same problem but I will try again. I also read to make sure I complete qualifying to the end of its time. I am trying that now.
Yep, EEC was very clear that their cars are not configured to be used for AI. Very unfortunate, since they are so fun, but that's the reality.

Yes but they are still very good if I could just stop them driving through or into me and spinning me out.

It is true that the EEC mod makers always said it was meant for online so they didn't do anything regarding ais.

If you still have trouble with official content, then lower the aggression setting, and lower a bit the difficulty. I've notice that with almost any game: when you get rammed from behind, it means you set the ai difficulty a little bit too high.

Thanks for the reply. I am revisiting some default series now. I remember I also had this problem with Copa P and Formula retro.

I hear what your saying and it mostly happens when I am getting familiar with a new track and getting more competitive, fine tuning my driving lines etc. Having said that I think we all want to drive better and race competitively. I hope that the game would encourage that rather than expect me to get bored or, like I am now, frustrated.

Thanks for the reply. I am revisiting some default series now. I remember I also had this problem with Copa P and Formula retro.

I hear what your saying and it mostly happens when I am getting familiar with a new track and getting more competitive, fine tuning my driving lines etc. Having said that I think we all want to drive better and race competitively. I hope that the game would encourage that rather than expect me to get bored or, like I am now, frustrated.

General rule - you can't race with AI until you are able to drive consistent lap times (within 1%). I always go on Practice or Quali while learning the track where I will discover which areas I am too slow (or too fast on occasion) for the AI. If you brake unusually early, which is the most common thing we do when we're not familiar with the track or car, you'll get punted up the rear end. By AI in AMS, by fellow humans online or on a real race track.

Simple question: on Quali for a particular car and track combo, look at the range of Q times if you accelerate time. What is your best laptime by comparison, and what is your normal lap time if you can do one consistently within 1%?

Adjust the AI speed so they are just a bit slower than your consistent time. All of sudden, you will be complaining about those damned AI mobile chicanes ;)

I know it can be frustrating, and I hope we can help you get a better experience! Very good advices from Marc above: when I discover a new car or a new car, I now tend to do my first laps alone, then practice with only a few ais, as you can learn from them...;) And then I had more or do a race.

This is a rather demanding game, and it is easy to set it up above your skills. You need to find the right settings corresponding to you, and you'll enjoy it a lot more! Then you will increase the difficulty. It only work going up: you cannot set a too high difficulty and make progresses.

I followed when the game has been developed: I remember having a lot of fun fighting with ais with one of the betas; then a lot of people complained it was too difficult! So Reiza tuned them down for a while, but I must admit I found them a bit dull after that... Until they worked again on the ais, added a bunch of new parameters, including the aggression setting; now we can all set them as we want: a bit more forgiving for some, quite more aggressive for others. We all have different levels!

But it has to be done manually for the moment: you need to find that sweet point that will work for you. Maybe Reiza will find a way to mesure ours skills and adjust the game automatically? For their next game maybe...:)

General rule - you can't race with AI until you are able to drive consistent lap times (within 1%). I always go on Practice or Quali while learning the track where I will discover which areas I am too slow (or too fast on occasion) for the AI. If you brake unusually early, which is the most common thing we do when we're not familiar with the track or car, you'll get punted up the rear end. By AI in AMS, by fellow humans online or on a real race track.

Simple question: on Quali for a particular car and track combo, look at the range of Q times if you accelerate time. What is your best laptime by comparison, and what is your normal lap time if you can do one consistently within 1%?

Adjust the AI speed so they are just a bit slower than your consistent time. All of sudden, you will be complaining about those damned AI mobile chicanes ;)

Thanks Marc for the reply. I have even have had this issue when I am the fastest car on the track.
The problem I have with your advice is that it sounds like you want me to drive like the AI. I am not that good and its very hard to be consistent to 1% when you are racing and passing other cars. Eg I just overtook a car by outbraking so at the next corner he will be right on my tail. This is where it usually happens.
Nevermind, I have been trying other series. I think that finishing qualifying time helped except for the EEC series (pity).

I really like AMS, my favourite sim and I do like the AI. I don't want Reiza to change anything but I was hoping there was a way to overcome this issue. Thanks again.
I know it can be frustrating, and I hope we can help you get a better experience! Very good advices from Marc above: when I discover a new car or a new car, I now tend to do my first laps alone, then practice with only a few ais, as you can learn from them...;) And then I had more or do a race.

This is a rather demanding game, and it is easy to set it up above your skills. You need to find the right settings corresponding to you, and you'll enjoy it a lot more! Then you will increase the difficulty. It only work going up: you cannot set a too high difficulty and make progresses.

I followed when the game has been developed: I remember having a lot of fun fighting with ais with one of the betas; then a lot of people complained it was too difficult! So Reiza tuned them down for a while, but I must admit I found them a bit dull after that... Until they worked again on the ais, added a bunch of new parameters, including the aggression setting; now we can all set them as we want: a bit more forgiving for some, quite more aggressive for others. We all have different levels!

But it has to be done manually for the moment: you need to find that sweet point that will work for you. Maybe Reiza will find a way to mesure ours skills and adjust the game automatically? For their next game maybe...:)

Thanks Alex, I really appreciate the response.
As I said to Marc a have a bit of a solution in making sure I finish qualifying time,except for the EEC series.

I do like AMS very much but I have raced against better AI.

Thanks Marc for the reply. I have even have had this issue when I am the fastest car on the track.
The problem I have with your advice is that it sounds like you want me to drive like the AI. I am not that good and its very hard to be consistent to 1% when you are racing and passing other cars. Eg I just overtook a car by outbraking so at the next corner he will be right on my tail. This is where it usually happens.
Nevermind, I have been trying other series. I think that finishing qualifying time helped except for the EEC series (pity).

I really like AMS, my favourite sim and I do like the AI. I don't want Reiza to change anything but I was hoping there was a way to overcome this issue. Thanks again.

Thanks Alex, I really appreciate the response.
As I said to Marc a have a bit of a solution in making sure I finish qualifying time,except for the EEC series.

I do like AMS very much but I have raced against better AI.

Just for fun, list a series and the AI settings you are using (% strength and aggression) where this problem is noticeable. I use High aggression and very rarely find an issue with bumping and banging besides what would be expected at turn 1 and so forth. On Max, sometimes.

One other question: have you ever edited the player.ini file?

And last, I would agree with your grand point that things work better if you drive like the AI. They will not adapt to drive like you. But that's true in real racing, too, where you have to adapt to the field to figure out how, where and when to outsmart them on each lap.

But with all that said, any obvious problem of a particular corner where the AI are braking too late or a certain series car doesn't behave properly or a spot on a track where most cars trip up can usually be fixed. Reiza has made dozens of these adjustments over the months. Might now be too late for AMS, but if we can corroborate the issue, best to report it on the official Reiza forum. I'd be happy to do so, if you do not want to.

Last edited:
Thanks again Marc.
I have been driving the stock car series today and I had the same issue. Yes I noticed it is when I am a bit slower. Having said that, once I was following the car in front trying not to hit it and bang I get hit. Yes I was not on the "AI line" but as I said before I am not AI.

Also I did qualify 1st so I was not too slow and I started from the back (because I like to work my way through the pack).
The track was Londrina and ofcourse it happens on any of the many hairpins, particularly the one before the back straight and the second last corner/hairpin before the main straight.

The AI strength is 87%. ( I'm a rookie at stock car racing)
The AI aggression is low.

No I did not edited the player.ini file. I did start this forum at Rieza website and up until yesterday I had no responses. You can report to them if you like.

I think your advice on patiently working up the AI strength is good.
Thanks again.

for ai racing using ams & rf2 you can also in the player setting file set an higher possibilty that the ai makes misstakes.

Aiming to set the ai strength so I qualy in the midpack, that often provide fun offline races with an ai not always so perfect and makes misstakes now and then during longer races

Thanks again Marc.
I have been driving the stock car series today and I had the same issue. Yes I noticed it is when I am a bit slower. Having said that, once I was following the car in front trying not to hit it and bang I get hit. Yes I was not on the "AI line" but as I said before I am not AI.

Also I did qualify 1st so I was not too slow and I started from the back (because I like to work my way through the pack).
The track was Londrina and ofcourse it happens on any of the many hairpins, particularly the one before the back straight and the second last corner/hairpin before the main straight.

The AI strength is 87%. ( I'm a rookie at stock car racing)
The AI aggression is low.

No I did not edited the player.ini file. I did start this forum at Rieza website and up until yesterday I had no responses. You can report to them if you like.

I think your advice on patiently working up the AI strength is good.
Thanks again.

Londrina is one of my favourite tracks--I know every cm of it :) If you are getting hit up the rear as opposed to you sliding into the AI at the hairpins it's because you are braking too early or not smoothly enough for the AI behind you to react. Used to happen to me all the time.

If you Quali'd first, how did you start last? I also prefer to come through the pack, so if I am in that mood, I just skip Q. The old problem of the AI going a bit crazy if they didn't themselves go through a full Q no longer happens for me. Sure, turn 1 might be a bit more frenetic due to cars being "out of order," but their awareness is such that they can race and not cause any more problems than I see in F1 or Indycar races at turn 1 (set on High Aggression).

I would actually try using one step higher aggression (can't remember what it's called), which is the middle or normal setting. I think the range of awareness of the cars increases with the aggression setting, so they might see you sooner. Set the AI % so that you can just barely come in first or second when the AI qualify. Then try some races where you start at the back and don't bother with Q. The closer the speed of the AI to you combined with you being on pins and needles as you go into those tight corners knowing that the slightest mistiming will either result in you ramming the car in front of you or getting rammed will help discipline you.

I didn't like Londrina at first because it seemed like a crash-fest. Then when I figured out that I was most often the cause of the crash, even if I avoided the carnage myself, I practiced some more and finally it clicked. Once I was proficient enough to race half a dozen laps without causing grief, I fell in love with the flow of the track.

So many of the South American tracks are like that, which is one reason I like AMS so much. Londrina is more fun than 90% of the F1 and usual tracks we get in all the other sims.

Londrina is one of my favourite tracks--I know every cm of it :) If you are getting hit up the rear as opposed to you sliding into the AI at the hairpins it's because you are braking too early or not smoothly enough for the AI behind you to react. Used to happen to me all the time.

If you Quali'd first, how did you start last? I also prefer to come through the pack, so if I am in that mood, I just skip Q. The old problem of the AI going a bit crazy if they didn't themselves go through a full Q no longer happens for me. Sure, turn 1 might be a bit more frenetic due to cars being "out of order," but their awareness is such that they can race and not cause any more problems than I see in F1 or Indycar races at turn 1 (set on High Aggression).

I would actually try using one step higher aggression (can't remember what it's called), which is the middle or normal setting. I think the range of awareness of the cars increases with the aggression setting, so they might see you sooner. Set the AI % so that you can just barely come in first or second when the AI qualify. Then try some races where you start at the back and don't bother with Q. The closer the speed of the AI to you combined with you being on pins and needles as you go into those tight corners knowing that the slightest mistiming will either result in you ramming the car in front of you or getting rammed will help discipline you.

I didn't like Londrina at first because it seemed like a crash-fest. Then when I figured out that I was most often the cause of the crash, even if I avoided the carnage myself, I practiced some more and finally it clicked. Once I was proficient enough to race half a dozen laps without causing grief, I fell in love with the flow of the track.

So many of the South American tracks are like that, which is one reason I like AMS so much. Londrina is more fun than 90% of the F1 and usual tracks we get in all the other sims.

I hear you and I like what you say, good advice and yeah it does make me race better. I will try Medium AI aggression and see how we go. Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.