AI DRIVING STYLE (problem with certain mods)

Within some mods, AI has severe troubles with its driving style.
The cars break rather late, then get very slow in the apex of the corner and finally try exiting by doing some kind of huge, weird slide/drift, with the foot on the throttle pedal like drunken madmen. Happens in slow corners, where you have to take care about the traction in order not to spin. As a result, the AI tends to lose the car and hits the wall or goes off track. After a few laps, I am alone on track, because the AI has accidents all the time.

Does anybody know, which files must be changed to have the AI driving in a smoother, more decent way?

Please pardon my English, I hope you get what I mean, though.

Last edited:
Within some mods, AI has severe troubles with its driving style.
The cars break rather late, then get very slow in the apex of the corner and finally try exiting by doing some kind of huge, weird slide/drift, with the foot on the throttle pedal like drunken madmen. Happens in slow corners, where you have to take care about the traction in order not to spin. As a result, the AI tends to lose the car and hits the wall or goes off track. After a few laps, I am alone on track, because the AI has accidents all the time.

Does anybody know, which files must be changed to have the AI driving in a smoother, more decent way?

Please pardon my English, I hope you get what I mean, though.

You can go into the hdv files of the mod and edit the line
AIPerfUsage=(0.90,0.80,0.87)
it controls how much brake power, brake grip and corner grip the AI use. If they brake late and corner slowly you could try reducing the first two and increasing the last one.

You can go into the hdv files of the mod and edit the line
AIPerfUsage=(0.90,0.80,0.87)
it controls how much brake power, brake grip and corner grip the AI use. If they brake late and corner slowly you could try reducing the first two and increasing the last one.

And that was the simple trick. Many thanks, Salvatore! :thumbsup:
Some of my mods (mostly conversions from Rfactor for League usage and hotlapping, where modders often do not care much about AI) had negative values within that line. I replaced them with the original ones from the PLR - file and the behaviour of the AI was instantly better, not really good, though. Was playing with the values for some time and lowering the corner grip did it for these mods. Now, the AI is much more aware of tricky corner exits with little grip and careful with their foot on the throttle. No more demolition derby! Their laptimes are slower now, but at least they drive laps without causing stupid accidents. If I increase the difficulty level, all is fine, they do decent laptimes again.
Once again, thanks a lot, Mate! :)

And that was the simple trick. Many thanks, Salvatore! :thumbsup:
Some of my mods (mostly conversions from Rfactor for League usage and hotlapping, where modders often do not care much about AI) had negative values within that line. I replaced them with the original ones from the PLR - file and the behaviour of the AI was instantly better, not really good, though. Was playing with the values for some time and lowering the corner grip did it for these mods. Now, the AI is much more aware of tricky corner exits with little grip and careful with their foot on the throttle. No more demolition derby! Their laptimes are slower now, but at least they drive laps without causing stupid accidents. If I increase the difficulty level, all is fine, they do decent laptimes again.
Once again, thanks a lot, Mate! :)

You´re very welcome, glad to be of help! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.