AI behaviour Rfactor

Wich file to change to get those idiots driving faster?
I hate AI's, I only race online but for my track it must be perfect.
They are now following my driving line, no more flying all over the place but thats not correct.
They have to find there own way, collide on walls and objects, not drive trough those and must be way faster.

Already set them on 120 %, still slow. Any suggestions?

Found it, was playing with aiw.file:

WorstAdjust=(1.0000)
MidAdjust=(1.7000)
BestAdjust=(2.1000)
AIRange=(2.1000)

now searching for the non colliding issue.

Edit: Above value for best and range is too high ;)

You may need to adjust the corridors. In the BTB's Driveline section there is a 'show corridors' option. The green lines should extend to the edge of the track, and the red lines to the barrier.

I think you should look at how the AI behave at other tracks, especially tracks with similar characteristics to your own, so you can get a feel for what people will reasonably expect. Someone on the Historic GT forums accurately described the AI as homicidal retards.

You may need to adjust the corridors. In the BTB's Driveline section there is a 'show corridors' option. The green lines should extend to the edge of the track, and the red lines to the barrier.

For some reason I've got only corridors in my pitlane:
corridors001_as.jpg
So now I must create corridors for track? With the rFactor AIW cam-editor?

[/QUOTE]Someone on the Historic GT forums accurately described the AI as homicidal retards.[/QUOTE]

hehe, he's right ;)

Today I changed all corridors, in sharp corners had to create some new, so now they drive perfectly.
Still there are some homicidal retards, when there are driving next to eachother one still drive trough wrong tunnel entry ! I mean: it must follow corridors and drive through left tunnel and not right tunnel entry, grr.

Still there are some homicidal retards, when there are driving next to eachother one still drive trough wrong tunnel entry ! I mean: it must follow corridors and drive through left tunnel and not right tunnel entry, grr.

To be fair, I think you're going outside rFactor's AI design objectives with your split tunnel entry :rolleyes:

It's not that the AI MUST follow the corridors, there are situations, like side by side, where they will go off track, they then seek to get back on as soon as they can. If both sides of the tunnel are driveable surface, then I can easily imagine that a side by side car can go off the specified corridor and make use of the other side. You could try, but I'm not sure that putting an invisible wall across the entry to the other side would work with the AI. As far as I'm aware they don't take any notice of objects, only the line, other cars and the corridors.

Another AI hangup i discovered awhile back is that they don't know how to drive on walls. So - if you've made sidewalks out of walls through a town area, make sure the green lines of the corridors NEVER stretch over the sidewalks. If they do, the AI will go insane and never make it out of town.

To be fair, I think you're going outside rFactor's AI design objectives with your split tunnel entry :rolleyes:

It's not that the AI MUST follow the corridors, there are situations, like side by side, where they will go off track, they then seek to get back on as soon as they can. If both sides of the tunnel are driveable surface, then I can easily imagine that a side by side car can go off the specified corridor and make use of the other side. You could try, but I'm not sure that putting an invisible wall across the entry to the other side would work with the AI. As far as I'm aware they don't take any notice of objects, only the line, other cars and the corridors.

I did solved my little problem, now when driving side a side one is breaking and follow the other confirm corridors. Didn't test transparant wall (sofar). TNX

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.