Ad block pop up

Hi guys,

I have just created an account here and I have tried to download a racetrack for Assetto Corsa but I am getting a pop up saying I have add block enabled. The only add in that I have installed on Firefox is the containerised tabs add in so im not sure why I am getting the pop up?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all

Hi Bram,

Yes, I initially tried with Chrome which did have an add block extension. I moved over to Firefox as I use that as a barebones browser for this sort of thing and was still having the issue (Screenshot attached).

I did disabled the add blocker extensions in Chrome rather than whitelisting the site as that usually works but I still had issues so moved onto Firefox. As I am still getting the pop up in Firefox, could my IP be marked as having the blocker rather than individual site connections?

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 56
Hi Neilski,

My privicy is set to Standard currently.
It just worked fine a moment ago when I tested with vanilla FF with Standard tracking protection.
Are you running an AV package? Some of them have extra web protection built in. (The built-in Windows 10 protection doesn't cause any issues I know of.)

It just worked fine a moment ago when I tested with vanilla FF with Standard tracking protection.
Are you running an AV package? Some of them have extra web protection built in. (The built-in Windows 10 protection doesn't cause any issues I know of.)
I am using AV but it is not configured to interact with FF as its the browser I use to avoid compatibility issues.

All very puzzling!

I am using AV but it is not configured to interact with FF as its the browser I use to avoid compatibility issues.

All very puzzling!
MIght be worth disabling the web-blocker bit of the AV just as a test? (I've found that some AV products do disturbingly sneaky things to intercept/filter web traffic including email websites and that's one of the reasons why I'm not using any of them any more.)

MIght be worth disabling the web-blocker bit of the AV just as a test? (I've found that some AV products do disturbingly sneaky things to intercept/filter web traffic including email websites and that's one of the reasons why I'm not using any of them any more.)
Hi Neilski, I have found the issue in the AV.

For Kaspersky, under the additional settings and then "network" if you scroll down to the botton there is the following setting that needs to be disabled. Hopefully its useful for you guys to keep on record if anyone else has the same problem. Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 76
Hi Neilski, I have found the issue in the AV.

For Kaspersky, under the additional settings and then "network" if you scroll down to the botton there is the following setting that needs to be disabled. Hopefully its useful for you guys to keep on record if anyone else has the same problem. Thanks for all the help!
Glad to hear it - cheers!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%