ACC Vs. AC?

They can share space at your HD disk ;)
ACC is not AC2, many people approach the sim thinking it really is AC2, and leave disappointed. It is not.
After some ACC usage, I came back to AC and fired up a Monza GT3 race, and couldn´t drive two complete laps. I am so spoiled by ACC.
I love driving japanese cars around Shuto night map though, now and then. And some other combos, Bridgehampton and MX5. But when I don´t have many sparse time, my choice is ACC.

ACC for gt3 all the way. At first I wasn't a fan of the FFB but now it's not an issue. ACC uses a 5 point tire model compared to AC's 1, so should be more realistic, but it's not like I'm ever going to drive a gt3 so as long as it feels good I'm happy.

i loved playing ac, especially with gt3 cars so buying acc made lots of sense. im a big fan of acc and the online lobbies and competition servers are very good if you want to race competitively - plus, the force feedback and handling on the gt3 cars feels a lot more how i'd expect a gt3 car to feel. if you aren't particularly partial to gt3 racing then you should probably stick with ac

I notice now that in ACC, the cars don't look like they aren't all the way down on the track. Like they are just barely touching it. I don't like the face that the races are in time not laps either.

Last edited:
I notice now that in ACC, the cars don't look like they aren't all the way down on the track. Like they are just barely touching it. I don't like the face that the races are in time not laps either.
Did you enable contact shadows in the graphics settings? They should help with this.

The SRO series all run timed races only.

I don't consider myself particularity observant or invested in the detail or intricacies of any sim, But even I can tell the step down in fidelity when going from ACC back to AC.

And I love AC, But no, ACC is a large step up.

What wheel do you have? AC seems to be optimized for low-end wheels whereas ACC works better with direct drive wheels. I played AC with a Logitech G29 and it felt really great with the right settings (+ LUT from wheelcheck). ACC with G29 was a disappointing experience for me.

Once I updated to CSL DD I put quite a bit of time into practicing ACC and eventually arrived to a point where I now think it's really great, and much better than AC. The FFB is so much more detailed and the physics are compelling. It took a couple of months getting fully used to the different FFB however, in the beginning even the CSL DD with ACC did not feel so good to me. I don't play AC that much anymore despite it working decently with the DD. I have noticed that after playing AC a bit more, going back to ACC my braking feeling is all messed up and takes some time to get back.

The point is, which sim feels the best to drive is a combination of hardware and getting used to the physics and FFB feel. Your brain needs time to learn to translate the signals coming from the game through the senses and different games are optimized to different hardware.

Also ACC requires more precise inputs to be quick than AC, you lose much more time with small mistakes.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies