ACC FFB Vs. other sims?

Why can't I 'feel' the car in ACC?

I've been trying my best to get quicker in ACC, my track of choice to learn how to become faster is Spa. Currently hitting low 2:18 in the 720s.

But in other sims like RF2 and AMS2, I can really 'feel' the car, oversteer and understeer are felt quite clearly through the wheel, I can feel when I am carrying too much speed into a corner, or perhaps more importantly, not enough!

But yet ACC seems to be devoid of such feedback. I have an SC2 Ultimate, and it's excellent at bringing out the details of the other sims I have metioned, yet no amount of tinkering with settings has allowed me to garner the same experience in ACC. Why?

Thing is, I love ACC, it has so many good things going for it, but at least for me, the FFB isn't one of them. I feel like I am missing something, perhaps I am not understanding the way the car is supposed to 'feel' vs other sims.

Anyone have any insight?

• Deleted member 197115

If you are comparing to AMS2, you will not get the same level of SOTP effects, steering rack feedback though is the best all around.
Check Granite forum for some settings, here's mine, other than that investing into tactile to get those missing effects really pays off, telemetry from ACC is excellent.

If you are comparing to AMS2, you will not get the same level of SOTP effects, steering rack feedback though is the best all around.
Check Granite forum for some settings, here's mine, other than that investing into tactile to get those missing effects really pays off, telemetry from ACC is excellent.

Thanks for sharing your settings.

I gave them a try and they feel good with regard to detail, but way to strong for me. I'm not a small guy, big shoulders and arms and lots of strength, yet your settings feel way to strong to me.

I have tactile feedback installed on my rig, 4 x transducers on each corner, rumble motors on the pedals etc. Many hours spent dialling in the settings, and yet the wonders of ACC seem to elude me.

It's very frustrating as I know I can be quicker, but something is missing in the detail of how the car feels on track and I just cant pinpoint it. I just feel like I'm along for the ride rather than in control of the car.

A lot of people seem to dislike AMS2's FFB, but I have yet to drive a sim that feels better (RF2 very close)! I have some limited experience with real race cars, and at least for me, AMS2 comes very close in terms of how the car feels on the limit.

Something isn't translating from ACC to how I perceive a car to feel on the limit, and I am at a loss to understand what that 'something' is.

• Deleted member 197115

I gave them a try and they feel good with regard to detail, but way to strong for me. I'm not a small guy, big shoulders and arms and lots of strength, yet your settings feel way to strong to me.
Strength is completely personal thing, I suggest for Kunos titles adjust gain in game and keep TD at 100% as TD gain affects Constantly Operated Filters and BumpStops strength as it's essentially amperage to the motor.

If you constantly flip between AMS2, rF2, ACC, I suggest spending few days exclusively in ACC, it might take a bit while until it clicks and you develop the feeling for more subtle but much more rich information ACC provides through the wheel.
After that everything else will feel unnaturally exaggerated and lacking finesse.

Totally agree with Andrew, when playing AMS2 it seems like there are so many unnatural moves in the FFB that everything feels weird.

In ACC, I have everything as raw as possible in TrueDrive. I have created a new profile, kept it in simple view, adjusted strength and rotation to your liking, then put the two sliders to the left (raw).
Went to ingame settings, kept gain at 100%, as well as dynamic damping. Road feel around 50% and adjusted rotation to make it match your TrueDrive setting.

Once that done, i have just kept playing without tweaking anything. For me, it’s easier to set things and get used to them than eternally trying to find the perfect setting and changing all the time. And that’s why I use the simple view in TrueDrive, I don’t want to be bothered with too many levers to activate or not. I’m playing with SC2 Sport.

I’m not saying this is the right way for everyone. That’s how it worked for me and hope you’ll find your way through ACC because once it clicks, it’s just great

• Deleted member 197115

Went to ingame settings, kept gain at 100%, as well as dynamic damping. Road feel around 50% and adjusted rotation to make it match your TrueDrive setting.
With in game gain at 100% you can get into signal clipping situation, it's always better to leave some headroom there.
Road feel is a personal thing, I used to use it myself before 1.8 but after that update found it redundant and mostly generating some sort of buzzing in the wheel, not a real road effect, but if it works for you that's all that matters. :thumbsup:

With in game gain at 100% you can get into signal clipping situation, it's always better to leave some headroom there.
Road feel is a personal thing, I used to use it myself before 1.8 but after that update found it redundant and mostly generating some sort of buzzing in the wheel, not a real road effect, but if it works for you that's all that matters. :thumbsup:
I actually made some tests this morning. I usually play with 45% strength in TD and 100% ingame. I have made a couple of laps as usual then switched to 100% in TD and 45% ingame. Honestly I couldn’t tell the difference. The FFB bar at the bottom right was reacting exactly the same way.

I’ve always heard what you said better adjusting force ingame and keep software to 100%. On ACC and rF2 (my two main sims) I don’t notice anything difference. Maybe that’s me I don’t know, but as you said the most important thing is to find a way to be happy with it and enjoy

I spent a bit of time with your stronger settings @Andrew_WOT

At first it just felt too strong, but after a little while, I can see why stronger settings maybe better in ACC. I can definitely feel more detail, and catching oversteer seems to be easier. I feel more connected with the car.

I managed to shave 200ms off my best at Spa with these settings!
Although I am not so sure that I could race for long periods of time with such high strength!

I did lower the strength, but that just removed all of the finer details that can be felt at the higher strength settings. I wonder if there is a specific set of settings that allows you feel these details but at a lower strength?

• Deleted member 197115

I spent a bit of time with your stronger settings @Andrew_WOT

At first it just felt too strong, but after a little while, I can see why stronger settings maybe better in ACC. I can definitely feel more detail, and catching oversteer seems to be easier. I feel more connected with the car.

I managed to shave 200ms off my best at Spa with these settings!
Although I am not so sure that I could race for long periods of time with such high strength!

I did lower the strength, but that just removed all of the finer details that can be felt at the higher strength settings. I wonder if there is a specific set of settings that allows you feel these details but at a lower strength?
You can play with Static Force Reduction. It will break proper as physics intended correlation between different forces but can help to boost low level details.
1677692180664.png

• Deleted member 197115

I actually made some tests this morning. I usually play with 45% strength in TD and 100% ingame. I have made a couple of laps as usual then switched to 100% in TD and 45% ingame. Honestly I couldn’t tell the difference. The FFB bar at the bottom right was reacting exactly the same way.

I’ve always heard what you said better adjusting force ingame and keep software to 100%. On ACC and rF2 (my two main sims) I don’t notice anything difference. Maybe that’s me I don’t know, but as you said the most important thing is to find a way to be happy with it and enjoy
When you have FFB spikes like hitting kerb, wall, or high speed corner, the signal can go over 100% causing "clipping", in this case wheel feels heavy and numb without any details.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.