ACC crashes after 1.8 update

After i load ACC and click on either single player or multiplayer it crashes with this Fatal error pop-up. This all worked before v1.8 with my older system and just needed to reduce graphics settings

Still use Win.7 & perhaps with these updates i really need Win.10. Purchased all dlc so it's sad day

Anyone else experience a similar issue or know of a fix? Thanks in advance!

Note:
First did the usual by performing a integrity check
Installed latest graphics drivers for GTX 970
Deleted player folder, setups folder and many suggestions
Made sure redis x64 and C++ all updated
Reinstalled ACC

Attachments

• ACC Error Message.jpg
    ACC Error Message.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
I'm curious, why don't you want to install windows 10? It runs really well, in my experience even old games run better on windows 10 than windows 7. I know you hear horror stories about windows updates all the time but the things is that's because when something doesn't work ppl will be vocal. The actual number of people who have issues due to windows 10 is very low and most of the times the updates run fine.

At any rate, I don't think there will be a solution to this problem as Kunos have updated the minimum requirements and they said on the assettocorsa forum that they are not working on this issue so you're gonna need windows 10 and I would honestly recommend you do make the upgrade as you'll have a better experience not just with acc but other games as well.

All games still work great including ACC before 1.8 on Win 7. & intend to upgrade when i build a new system. Just waiting for these ridiculous prices to lower on the video cards & will be happy to install Win.10 which will soon be Win.11 , thanks for your input. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hey, I have this issue too. Game crashing on single player load screen. I run Winodws 11 so no need to update the OS. Put the game on 12 hours ago. Practise mode works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

@Kenny Paton Be aware that Im absolutely not unbiased because I have been extremely satisfied with my use of the 1060 for many years(MSI).
You can see my fps quoted from another thread under.
Be aware of the 1680x1050 thing because I guess its urgent - and conserning my extremely ancient driver then I have tried a few newer drivers and the fps or issues has allways been worse.
Driver: 391.01

I have used a Xeon x5670 with a GTX 1060 6Gb for some years with 12Gb ram.
Be aware that I run a rather small 20" NEC 20wmgx2 with 1680x1050 reso.
With almost anything high or maxed out I can run AMS2(55-60 fps), Raceroom(60-80), AC(70-110), ACC(50-80).

HeyHey Last derailing: Its urgent that the 1060 is the 6Gb version!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back