AC 'Suspension Travel' telemetry channel broken?

So I've been trying to determine what my suspension was doing in AC (RSS FH 2023 car) and was recording a ton of telemetry laps using ACTI. As I could see very little difference in the suspension travel traces in Motec, I decided to go extreme with a setup that should be a 'night and day' comparison.

On all four corners, I set the suspension travel to 0mm (PACKER_RANGE = 0), minimum ride heights - 40mm rear/20mm Front ( ROD_LENGTH). I also put dampers to zero for fun...

I compared the telemetry to a similar setup but with suspension travel (PACKER_RANGE) set to 60mm for the rears and 28mm for the fronts.

Here's the telemetry traces - the white trace has the travel and the coloured trace has zero travel:
ACsuspension.PNG

Considering I have zero suspension travel, how come the traces are nearly identical?

Last edited:
So I've been trying to determine what my suspension was doing in AC (RSS FH 2023 car) and was recording a ton of telemetry laps using ACTI. As I could see very little difference in the suspension travel traces in Motec, I decided to go extreme with a setup that should be a 'night and day' comparison.

On all four corners, I set the suspension travel to 0mm (PACKER_RANGE = 0), minimum ride heights - 40mm rear/20mm Front ( ROD_LENGTH). I also put dampers to zero for fun...

I compared the telemetry to a similar setup but with suspension travel (PACKER_RANGE) set to 60mm for the rears and 28mm for the fronts.

Here's the telemetry traces - the white trace has the travel and the coloured trace has zero travel:
View attachment 686402

Considering I have zero suspension travel, how come the traces are nearly identical?
Never mind, I get it now. I was not understanding the ROD_LENGTH correctly, but here's a great visualisation that cleared it up:
Suspension Travel Visualizer

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea