A real car steering wheel.

I worked poorly because I didn't have professional electronic skills, but the results are very satisfactory.

1. Use additional QR on Fanatec Universal hub
2. Make six holes on the back of the steering wheel to fit the pcd70. At least three.
If you don't have a flat side enough to drill three to six holes in the back, find another steering wheel.
Cut off unnecessary protruding structures.
3. Remove the airbag contents. Too heavy.
4. Find switches that can be connected on-off.
5. Connect it to Fanatec U-hub.
6. Add connectors that can be detached from the middle as needed.

Last edited:
What's the point, when you have dozens of models by brands such as Sparco, OMP, Momo, Sabelt, Nardi, etc. which are better in everything and look better, without that bulky center for the airbar and can be installed easily? Just for the buttons? Or are you trying to replicate your car with your sim rig?

What's the point, when you have dozens of models by brands such as Sparco, OMP, Momo, Sabelt, Nardi, etc. which are better in everything and look better, without that bulky center for the airbar and can be installed easily? Just for the buttons? Or are you trying to replicate your car with your sim rig?
I like this one, and I like what you said.
I'm sorry you're not interested in this.

I had access to an AMG wheel and looked at doing this because the wheel had automotive spec and endurance tested paddles and buttons. It would have worked really well and I am surprised more people don't follow this diy route.

I didn't use it because the diameter was too big for my rig and the wheel was heavier than I wanted.

Really great build, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
I had access to an AMG wheel and looked at doing this because the wheel had automotive spec and endurance tested paddles and buttons. It would have worked really well and I am surprised more people don't follow this diy route.

I didn't use it because the diameter was too big for my rig and the wheel was heavier than I wanted.
I tried this too, with a Toyota Yaris wheel featuring shift paddles. In the end I could not adapt the Toyota spline shaft to fit my Simucube base in any sensible way, so I went down a different approach and now use a Momo rim with a standardized fitting hole pattern, and the Yaris shift paddles fitted to that.

Last edited:

Yeah, very heavy.
I hope there will be no problem :cautious:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes