A question for all you Direct Drive owners.

Bonehead

Premium
I have a DD2 on the way that I am going to secure from the bottom of the unit. Is it a good idea to use 'Loctite Blue' on the threads or not? Thanks for any advice.

I have had my DD2 for over two months attached to a NLR GTtrack cockpit and have had no issues of the five screws coming loose. Also realize that my cockpit is using NLR's V3 motion and Traction Plus which means the cockpit has a lot movement, shakes, bumps, etc. including the DD2 torque itself. No problems.

Upvote 0
I have a DD2 on the way that I am going to secure from the bottom of the unit. Is it a good idea to use 'Loctite Blue' on the threads or not? Thanks for any advice.
All you need is:
1589221510779.png

far better than anything else

Upvote 0
Mine is secured by the three bolts in the fanatec triangle on the SimLabs wheel deck.

I just checked and nothing has even slackened of the three. You really won't need anything - threadlock I might have used if I'd had it but my wheelbase has been on a year, so unless you're going to run ridiculous forces (I try to make my FFB feel like a real car's wheel) it really doesn't matter IMHO.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea