ACC 50 minute race with pitstop @ Nürburgring 24h - Monday 8th April

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Nurburgring24h.jpg

*** Click here: OverTake Live Stream ***

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to PM me or post on this thread.

Description
  • 50 minute GT3 race
  • 1 pm in-game race start
  • Short formation lap - stay in the green marker
Drivers
  1. Michael Klengel
  2. Jay Clarke
  3. Ricardo Jorge
  4. Nasos Angelou
  5. Oliver Zierach
  6. Andre Nascentes
  7. Luca Munro
  8. Yannik Haustein
  9. Michel Wolk
  10. Bouke Janssen
  11. Johann Schröder
  12. Alexis Marty
  13. Jordy de Lange
  14. Enzo Fazzi
  15. Laurent Londes
Results

Pitstop
  • Mandatory pitstops: 1
  • Pit window disabled
  • Refuelling allowed
  • Type change required
Weather
  • Overall: guaranteed sunny, minor cloud changes, same as practice server
  • Ambient temp: 18
  • Cloud level: 0.6
  • Rain: 0.0
  • Randomness: 2
Practice Server
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
  • Password: see below "How can I join this event"
Sessions
  • 19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST 30 minute practice
  • 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST 20 minute qualifying
  • 19:50 UTC / 20:50 BST 50 minute race
BoP (LFM V2)

ClassCarYearBallastChange
GT3Audi R8 LMS GT3 evo II202213 kg-4 kg
GT3Bentley Continental2018-17 kg0 kg
GT3AMR V8 Vantage201910 kg-4 kg
GT3BMW M4 GT3202114 kg13 kg
GT3Ferrari 296 GT3202322 kg-4 kg
GT3Honda NSX GT3 Evo2019-25 kg-4 kg
GT3Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO 2202310 kg-3 kg
GT3McLaren 720S GT3 Evo202317 kg-4 kg
GT3Mercedes-AMG GT32020-33 kg-4 kg
GT3Porsche 992 GT3 R2023-12 kg13 kg

How can I join this event?
  • Premium members: Reply in this thread stating you want to join, I'll then add you to the list. Server password can be found here
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
All skill levels welcome but we ask that you can control the car and know the racing line around the track. Anyone driving in a dangerous manner may be removed from the server.

What do I need to know?
  • Club rules are enforced. Check them out here
  • We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair
  • Voice chat is available on the RD Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.
  • Please ensure your real name is set on you RD profile and matches your in-game

Last edited:
Hey everyone, great seeing you on track tonight.

Could not set a quali time for the life of me, so I gunned for a Kevin Estre moment.
13th to 3rd in the first lap, then I was closing in and got 2nd.
@akephoe, thank you for the collaboration on the overtake. Hope it was not too forced on my end. The Lexus had the legs on me on the straights, so I had to make a move somewhere else.
Lead for a bit, after some pitted, but got completely distracted on the first braking zone at the Nordschleife, calculating how many laps of race we had left. Sent it full speed on the wall, so 30s of damage to to fix +10s lost on track.

Got put 7th, but in 2 laps I caught up to the pack again. Happy with 4th, and a big improvement on pace!
Hope we do these often!

Cheers.

Unlucky race for me, was involved in T1 incident which gave me 20 seconds of damage and massive understeer. After a couple of laps I binned it in the Mut Kurve (too much Mut I guess) and RTGd and watched the rest of the race on Michels stream. It was fun anyway, had some exciting moments :)
Thanks for hosting the race Michael and cheers to the overtake guys for the stream!

@RicardoJorge92 No Problem, all good. There was no reason to fight against you as a way faster driver in lap 1. It was more a thing to find the right spot to let you pass.

For the race evening i have to thank Michael for organizing and Overtake/Racedepartment for hosting.
Great to see that we had a nice grid size and that, hopefully, nearly all enjoeyd the race.

For me it was in the end a good race with a nice result. But, i had really to work for.
In Qualy i got a disconnect late in my first flying lap. So i had to restart the PC and managed in the end to complete one flying lap. Not a good one, but solid. That it was P3 was a big surprise, thanks at least to Ricardo who was more on the Estre Way this evening.... ;)

A big challenge the whole evening were massive lags and a slide show like image quality. The FPS counter showed stable 120FPS but the picture was more like 20 to 30 in some areas(GP track, Hatzebach, Flugplatz, Wehrseifen, hohe Acht) First time i had those issues, never experienced in testing(online and offline) before. And i did turn down the graphic settings a bit before the race to be safe. I have no explanation...

The race itself was not really good, but also not bad.
I had a good start and saw some trouble behind me in Turn 1/2. (Was there a car flying like a rocket in turn1 ?)
I managed to enter the Nords in P3 but saw Ricardo behind catching. I had no intention to fight against him so i let him pass, Yannik also past me, a bit related to my slide show and that i tried to take it safe in the beginning.
On lap 2 i had a massive code brown moment in the 2nd right hander on the Flugplatz when touching the inner curb. It settled my rear off and i saw me in a big one ending. Luckely i managed to just hit the left planks on the exit and continue, but i earned some 14sec off damage. Despite the damage i could hold my pace and follow Yannik some 4-5 seconds behind.
After lap 3 he pitted and i did another lap trying the overcut. A small mistake in the brake area of wehrseifen with a small touchy touchy cost 1-2 seconds in laptime and further 5 second of damage. Damn.
The pitstop at the end of lap 4 was also not great, carfeul on the entry and a small push at the pitspot. So i leaved the pits again just behind Yannick. Without the small error on the InLap and a clean stop i could have passed him.
The outlap was ok, i tried to follow Yannik and hoped for a chance to close in or pass him, but he did a great job and i got no opportunity to pass him. Well done Yannik.
My real problem in the last 2 laps was behind me a chasing Michel Wolk. He was damn fast and really pushing ( don't know why he was behind me?) and all i could do was to widen the Lexus so that he could not find a way by. The last lap was intense, he was so close from the Karussel to Brünnchen.
@Michel Wolk i hope it was ok from my side. A big thanks to you for a fair drive!
Fiannly, when passing the small Karussel i was sure i could hold the 3rd place, my LEXUS was just to good on the straight....:whistling::p
So, in the end P3 was really nice.

Congrats @Enzo Fazzi for the win, great drive, great pace, well done!!
And congrats @Yannik Haustein for P2, great drive with the other "old" Japanese GT3 car!

Hope to see you all, and more, at Spa and for the next races.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.