AMS2 2019 Stock Car Brasil @ Londrina, Thursday 31st August

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Sorry for ducking out early, it was a rotten evening for me. Wasn't having any fun dealing with some technical issues at first, failing to find a setup that felt halfway decent for quali, then getting punted off on the last turn of lap one while the culprit and the entire field just drove on past. Not sure if damage was on but car felt strange and was off pace after the impact. Went off a lap or two later and called it quits...plenty of other things to do instead.

I think I'm going to sit out the rest of the series with this car. Don't like driving it one bit.

Not sure if damage was on but car felt strange and was off pace after the impact.
It should have been visible only. The only thing I can think of is that if you spin, it seems to flatspot the tyres pretty badly which makes everything feel a little wonky.

I'll review the replay on your incident and see what happened. The past few times it has happened to me it's due to a knock-on, but I'll double check.

I figured it was still set to visible so not sure why it was so much slower after the contact where I went from keeping pace in the mid pack to dead last and seeing the field drive off into the distance. My tires felt square shaped after the incident and only got worse, so the remaining 23 minutes would have been agonizing without a pit stop/tire change and at that point, what's the point?

My tires felt square shaped after the incident and only got worse, so the remaining 23 minutes would have been agonizing without a pit stop/tire change and at that point, what's the point?
Yeah, I hear ya.... as the organiser I don't quite have that luxury though! :D

I'm on holiday next week and I'll have a think about this over the break. We have done 4 rounds with this car so it might be time for a change. I think @The Almighty Snark did some testing in the later models and found they had more forgiving tyres, so I'll try and give them a go before I'm off on my travels.

Sorry for ducking out early, it was a rotten evening for me. Wasn't having any fun dealing with some technical issues at first, failing to find a setup that felt halfway decent for quali, then getting punted off on the last turn of lap one while the culprit and the entire field just drove on past. Not sure if damage was on but car felt strange and was off pace after the impact. Went off a lap or two later and called it quits...plenty of other things to do instead.

I think I'm going to sit out the rest of the series with this car. Don't like driving it one bit.
I don't have the replay , but I touched a car on the bright side in the last turn.
Sorry for any inconveniences , my apologizes .

I don't have the replay , but I touched a car on the bright side in the last turn.
Sorry for any inconveniences , my apologizes .

You need to observe the golden rule instead of driving off to a 2nd place finish like nothing happened.

Otherwise, no worries, incidents happen. Hope to see you on the grid again.

You need to observe the golden rule instead of driving off to a 2nd place finish like nothing happened.

Otherwise, no worries, incidents happen. Hope to see you on the grid again.
Unfortunately, I didn't see that the contact was so severe that your car came off the track, I didn't feel any damage to my car. So I dedicate my second place to you and buy you a beer

Hi all, just a quick reminder that we ask people not to discuss incidents on the public thread, but PM directly. This is generally to avoid things escalating. If you don't have a replay to refer to, please ask the staff member organising the event to check.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 44 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 31 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.6%