AC 1989 IMSA Series | Round 1: Audi 90 GTO at Sonoma Raceway - Friday Dec 15 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Congratulations to Reik and Jason! Incredible driving guys, especially with a very difficult car on a super challenging and technical track. Looks like you guys had a good battle to the end.

Thanks to everyone who participated, not an easy race. All things considered, I still enjoyed driving that car and I actually like the track as well. However, perhaps for the next one we'll go with an easier track :cool:

We'll give a break next Friday and pick it back up the following Friday -- Happy Holidays all!

Yes, many thanks Jason, I was getting there with set up but your’s immediately took a second off my best:thumbsup:
I found the car and the track combo to be very challenging to start with but once I found a rhythm I began to get the hang of it.
I am still getting to grips with my new pedals and curiosity had me playing with different profiles as the race went on. Well I learnt one thing...........my pedal profiles are also mapped to the turbo boost pressure and as I experimented the car slowed dramatically, wasn’t until Dominic went by that I realised and fumbled around to restore the 100% boost...........Doh!:x3:
Thanks for organising Dominic, I will try to get into some more Friday races as I do like trying different cars and tracks, also well done and respect to Jason and Reik, awesome pace and very entertaining replay of your battle.

really enjoyed this race. The race started well but 10mins in i had a look at fuel and thought i didn't have enough, in trying to work it out i lost concentration and spun only to realize I'm bad at math while driving as i had way more than enough fuel but this let Reik past and i could not find a way back past him. also sorry Reik for the near takeout, locked the brakes and was going to hit the back of you so threw the car to the inside hoping you would see me as i slide past out of control and into the wall.

Thanks dominic for organizing, Glad the setups can help some people.

Yes it was interesting to watch the replay of your battle with Reik. Two different driving styles. You seemed to have a fast and loose style while Reik was more steady and consistent with few mistakes. Overall it seemed you were faster since you could catch Reik even after running off the track and you were putting pressure on Reik for the entire race after he got past you.

However, in the end, solid driving by Reik got him to the top spot. Well done to you both!

I wonder if Reik did a yodel like Hans Stuck when he won. Lol.

Didn't practice beforehand and unfortunately that showed, didn't get a good feel for the track and consequently kept spinning off. Haven't quite figured out the AWD either, quite something different to race with! Perhaps I will be able to join another race with these cars at some point!
Thanks for being a good sport and giving it a try. Yes this one did require some practice to get the hang of it.
I would encourage you to give these cars another try sometime, I think you will grow to like them.
Hope to see you guys for future races on Friday. As I promised, I’ll be throwing different things at you guys.

Yes it was interesting to watch the replay of your battle with Reik. Two different driving styles. You seemed to have a fast and loose style while Reik was more steady and consistent with few mistakes. Overall it seemed you were faster since you could catch Reik even after running off the track and you were putting pressure on Reik for the entire race after he got past you.

However, in the end, solid driving by Reik got him to the top spot. Well done to you both!

I wonder if Reik did a yodel like Hans Stuck when he won. Lol.
I live in the very eastern part of Germany, so no one's yodeling here. :p Never the less I love „Strietzel“ Stuck. Did you know, that Walter Röhrl was even faster in this car? But Walter didn't care about boring racing on permanent race tracks with only a few corners to learn... :D

About the race and your comments:
I agree that Jason is the faster driver. It looks like his car is cornering better. But when I try to set it up this way, I'm not in control any more. So my conclusions is, that Jason is the better driver for being able to control a more agile car. :thumbsup:

@Twoddle your late move into the hairpin wasn't a problem at all. When braking I saw you coming closer in the mirror very fast. So I just waited with turning until you were through. If you had held the line there, it would've been a great pass. ;)

Last edited:
Next event in this series will take place on Friday, January 5 for those who may be interested. Track will be Lime Rock Park, which is fairly easy to learn and features some roller-coaster elevations changes that should keep you on the edge.

Unfortunately, I am not able to paste the direct link to the track here, but you can search it up by looking for:

Reboot Team Lime Rock Park for Assetto Corsa, click link 'Reboot team tracks' by Trained Monkey Mods

There are some other great tracks there as well.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
Looks like Brian accidentally used server 6 so Lime Rock is no longer set up.
actually, that was me. since i didnt notice anyone trying that limerock combo, i assumed no one was interested so i took it down to put up a test event for the RSS GT cars instead.
however, so far, i don't see any action on that one either so might just go back to limerock as originally planned.

Just FYI, I'll be putting together a race for Friday 29 featuring the AC Legends cars at Goodwood. Just a casual fun race, holiday special.
Here is a link to the cars, they are fantastic if you don't already have them:

Practice server is already up on Server 7, usual password.
Cheers.

I'm interested in that setup, kind of curious how it compares to the one Dominic provided.
the setup that @Twoddle came up with had a many more adjustments than the one I had. I found it to be more stable and was able to get faster lap times using it right out of the gate.

I'll let Jason repond about sharing the set up since it was his creation... :D

...so here's also my setup to compare. It feels a bit more agile compared to Jasons. But that's only my impression...
Just tried this set up, feels really good too. Amazing what a difference a good set up can make. Just like with Jason's setup, I immediately started doing faster laps than I had been doing with my original one.

I thank you guys for sharing these setups, I know a lot of work and testing goes into developing them. These kinds of setup adjustments are way beyond my technical skills and sophistication so it's great when other, more experienced guys can share. I imagine racing teams aren't so willing to share setups IRL!

Looking forward to trying these out on upcoming races!
:cool:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea