1950-1989 Era Racing Project

I'm trying to recreate a custom GTR-2 game project for specifically vehicles and championships for a set times in history. For example a championship for 1950-54, 1955-59 etc, all the way up to 1989.
I'm looking for resources or pasted links on this post as far as vehicles or tracks of the eras. And yes I could spend hours scouring the internet for all of this and I am,but I figure it would be an extra boost if I had the info I havent found yet right here. There's a lot of great mods out there so it will take time. Ill be separating F1, Race spec, street spec, special editions, GT, touring, Foreign, Domestic, Prototypes. etc. I mean like the 71' Corvette came with several engine variations so a stock 283 will not be possible to take on a Race spec Stingray model, I'm going to try and keep everything equal and realistic. So a '57 chevy track day spec 350cui in reality would blow away a 1979 Camaro Z-28 factory. This car came stock with ,what? like 200hp. In otherwords it was weak out of the gate, even with disc brakes a weight reduction the track spec 57 would waste him.

So you see I could use references,links,any info you could possibly have. I'm keeping all my info for records and will update progress accordingly.
I'm starting with a clean 1.1 version of GTR-2 Anniversary edition, No cars, no championships, an empty install with just included track Spa and Borno for testing purposes.

The Power & Glory mod for GTR2 did that for sixties and early seventies cars. I had hoped V3 would have included more fifties cars (Allards, Cunninghams, Maseratis, etc.; though there is a "Lemans 55" mod for GTL, easily converted to GTR2, that contains fifties Aston Martins, Ferraris, Maseratis, Mercedes, Jaguars) but instead they opted for more seventies' cars.

I'm using the GTL-GTR2 mod as a base, PnG is a mod someone created and if I use it I'd be disrespecting it's creator. It isn't hard to convert from GTL and it's commercial software.plus its easier to work with. My problem now is that the categories. The grouping is kinda off, We have TC-65 which would be "Touring Cars" from '65 and below. So a '69 stock Camaro would not be eligible for that group, Then you have "GTC-TC-76" which would be "Grand Touring Cars and Touring Cars of 1976 to 1966, For one GTC cars are way faster then stock touring cars and we still have to figure out where the 69' Camaro would fit. Soooo, I need to put a new bracket between the two,something like "Trans-Am or COPO,maybe '69-'75 FIA-stock series. I can't get my folders to show in game.
How can I add a new section to a series There's a list somewhere in the game folders that the pc reads from but I can't find it. Tutorials only show you how to add cars but not individual brackets.
Any Ideas. and yea, I have the LM-55 Category but thats strictly for "Le-Mans spec racecars '55 and below. so I need to make a "TC-55" folder for the stock cars I have. See my problem yet,SMH. :(.

I think I figured it out,It's got to do with editing the .gdb files and making sure class matches that which you put in the .car file in each of the cars liveries file so.
1. GTL-GTR2 -- "TC-65"
2.EXAMPLE..."69CAMARO"
3. TEAMS
4.#4,,#6,#91.etc
5. .car "file"
6. edit .gdb file to reflect changes.

Creating custom classes is simple, but there is a limit of 32 classes total; if you have more than that the game will read the first 32 it encounters and ignore the rest. Creating a series is also easy, use one of the defaults as a template, create your classes there, and add those class designations to any cars you wish. This can be problematic as you must be creative with class names since any group of identical four characters will be read as the same class (for example. PorGT1, PorGT2, and PorGT3, would all appear in the same group since the game will read "PorG"; changing that to PGT1, PGT2, and PGT3 works), but class names can be anything; if you only use three digit class names this is never a problem, but that can be limiting.

What appears in the menu in-game is read from the gdb file and the .car files; the series name seen at the top when you scroll sideways is the first line of the gdb file (I always name the SIM_xxx.gdb the same); the manufacturer names on the left when you select that series are read from the .car files; the class shown in the right window when you select a manufacturer are read from the gdb file; and the individual teams shown in the right window are read from the .car files.

An example:
------------------------------------------------
Game Name = GT3 <<<<GT3 appears as the series title in game
Game Filter = AND:
IgnoreTrackFilter <<<<<cars will appear at any track

SpecialClasses
{
GT3 = GT3 <<<<designates what classes are in this series, in this case only one, left value is classes as shown in category section, right value is what appears in game menu
}

DefaultClassIndex = 1 <<<<<designates how many classes in this series, only one here

CategoryLists = 1 <<<<<how many classes in the category list below (not sure how this works with class index)

Category <<<<<here you list all the car classes that will run in this series, the class as in the .car file on left, the class shown in menu on right
{
BMW_M3 = GT3
GTLM = GT3
VERTIGO = GT3
LEGT3 = GT3
MORGAN = GT3
Mosler_MT900R = GT3
VGT3 = GT3
XKR = GT3
Fe4 = GT3
mk1 = GT3
Fe3 = GT3
BMW_MCOUPE = GT3
TVR_T400R = GT3
C6R = GT3
KZ1R_GT3 = GT3
stol = GT3
MITSU_EVO8 = GT3
GSPYK = GT3
PGT3 = GT3
Vantage = GT3
gallardo = GT3
Sunred = GT3
}
--------------------------------------------------
Notice the "fe4" (Ferrari 430) and "fe3" (Ferrari 360), to get around the four identical characters issue.

That's very helpful., I understand alot more now. I'm going to do an empty install with just the GTL-GTR file in the teams folder and work on adding a couple of cars this way I can do it repeatedly easier and if I mess up it'll be easier to see where, Thanks a bunch. The tut's tell you what it's suppose to look like file wise but I need to know how and why so this helps immensley.

I"m doing an "empty install" of GTR2 and taking out everything but GTL-GTR2 mod,all the gdb files and teams that came with the game so I have basically an empty chalkboard that I can easily erase if I make a mistake, Ill post my findings as I progress.

I've got 2 new series working so far. Touring Car 70's and Touring Car 50's I added to Gt Legends mod. I renamed the "Prototype and Xtra Addons so I still have to add more but its a start. I need to incorporate the LM-55 mod into this too. I'm going to try to separate factory from race cars and I'm probably going to do three or four series just for this. It may be a large mod.

SpecialClasses
{
65-GTC = GTC 65'
GTC-TC-76 = GTC-TC 76'
TC-65 = TC 65'
GTLP = Prototype
TC-50 = TC-50'
TC-70 = TC-70'
}

DefaultClassIndex = 6

CategoryLists = 6

Category
{
65-GTC = GTC
GTC-TC-76 = GTC-TC
TC-65 = TC
GTLP = GTLP
TC-50 = TC-50
TC-70 = TC-70

If you are interested in '50-'60 cars I would suggest to go to https://www.evolution-modding.net/
There you can find the following cars:

AC Ace
Aston Martin DB2/4 MKII
Aston Martin DB4GT
Aston Martin DBR 1
Aston Martin DBR 2
Austin Healey 100s
Austin Healey 3000
BMW 507
Chevrolet Corvette (1953-1955)
Chevrolet Corvette (1958-1960)
Chevrolet Corvette Le Mans 1960