1894 Paris-Rouen race mod?

I wonder if someone would be interested in the 1894 Paris-Rouen race in rFactor.
Would it even be possible? I mean the track would be a 80km long with 2 section. And the cars would be difficult to model because they were so different from race cars we know.

Personally I wouldn't be particularly interested in the cars. But the track is a different story.
I can only imagine how cool that might be.

The closest right now is probably Mercedes SSK 1928, or some early-30s cars for the Shift Street mod (specifically the SimRaceWay ports). For the tracks, there are Targa Florio and other long-ass circuits, like Cannonball Run. I do vaguely feel that Mille-Miglia-like races could and should have a better virtual implementation than the PS1 game (though personally I don't often have the patience for such a run).

(Edit: on further appraisal, Merc '28 seems to have handling and braking that rivals Trans-Am from '69, or modern street cars. The ‘Voiturettes’ from the GP 37 mod probably better represent their time.)

GPLaps and Broadbent have shown Benz Patent-Motorwagen from 1886 for Assetto Corsa, with ~2/3rds hp, running it particularly on Nordschleife. You can't take some even faintly uphill sections on it in anything like a straight line, instead you need to slalom back and forth.

However, the full endurance-like experience of running 126 km on an early 3 hp car is probably better modeled by a game like Jalopy, where parts regularly fail or fall off, and you need to fix or replace them—including running to a store for that.

Last edited:
I have an abiding interest in historic racing, which places me in a distinct minority, and would welcome such a mod.

I've long thought the Vanderbilt Cup races would make a fascinating mod -

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 45 11.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 40 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 46 12.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 44 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 131 34.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 226 59.2%