Zero FFB from Fanatec CSW2.5

Hey folks, all suggestions welcomed.
I bought a used CSW 2.5 but am getting no FFB effects in AC or pCARS 1 & 2 (the only games I've tried).
I believe the wheel is fine, I've no reason to doubt the seller.
Cars steer & change gear.
FW and drivers updated on the wheel base.
P1 Elite rim.
On-wheel and in-game settings both tweaked.
Windows 10 PC.
Previous wheel was a CSR Elite and everything worked fine.

Halp!
Any ideas at all?

Does my PC think its still the CSR Elite?
Is Steam overriding controller settings?
Is there a Fanaleds test?
Can we blame Trump?

Thanks one and all, I know some bright spark will help me solve it.
:)

Yep. I think it's the doing of the donmeister. I think you will need to lobby him, and get him to repeal the bill which separates second hand v2.5 bases from their FFB capabilities. It's a draconian measure.....

Upvote 0
Yes, that seems to work (if shaking ridiculously violently is what's supposed to happen).
Nothing out on the track though.
Yes, that is all it does, in which case it’s working fine and it’s a software conflict somewhere, I assume it also shows the wheel base and/or rim being used in the properties window.

Full recalibration done in-game?

Did you uninstall and reinstall the Fanatec software?

Try Raceroom that will tell you it needs a new controller preset when it detects something new and the old one is missing.

Upvote 0
Hello mate.

Long shot but do you use, or have you used, Steam's Big Picture mode? Might be worth launching it. (Top right in Steam you'll see a small controller icon) Once in, go to Settings (cog icon at top) / Controller Settings and make sure you have nothing ticked for the various controller configurations. I’ve known this to cause conflict before.

Secondly if you have it installed, maybe disable GeForce Experience temporarily as I've known that to cause an issue on occasion in other titles.

Finally it might be worth locating the controller / ffb folders for each game, (sorry not near my pc to advise where they are), renaming them in case you need to revert back and then running an integrity check for each game in Steam, to replace those files with new ones so that you can start in game controller set up and configuration afresh.

Good luck bud.

Upvote 0
Yes, that is all it does, in which case it’s working fine and it’s a software conflict somewhere, I assume it also shows the wheel base and/or rim being used in the properties window.

Full recalibration done in-game?

Did you uninstall and reinstall the Fanatec software?

Try Raceroom that will tell you it needs a new controller preset when it detects something new and the old one is missing.
Thanks buddy.
Yep, full calibration has been done in-game and on the wheel. Tried the P1 Elite wheel and the Porsche 918 RSR wheel.

When you say "uninstall and reinstall the Fanatec software", do you mean the FANATEC driver package? FW and Drivers all seemed to update OK when I did them, as obtuse as the process is.

I tried RaceRoom but it didn't tell me to set up a new controller preset, it detected the CSW so I just set it up and calibrated the pedals etc.
I got FFB! But it was weak.
Still get nothing at all in Assetto Corsa, even with gain set to 200%.

Upvote 0
Hello mate.

Long shot but do you use, or have you used, Steam's Big Picture mode? Might be worth launching it. (Top right in Steam you'll see a small controller icon) Once in, go to Settings (cog icon at top) / Controller Settings and make sure you have nothing ticked for the various controller configurations. I’ve known this to cause conflict before.

Secondly if you have it installed, maybe disable GeForce Experience temporarily as I've known that to cause an issue on occasion in other titles.

Finally it might be worth locating the controller / ffb folders for each game, (sorry not near my pc to advise where they are), renaming them in case you need to revert back and then running an integrity check for each game in Steam, to replace those files with new ones so that you can start in game controller set up and configuration afresh.

Good luck bud.

Thanks mate. I checked Steam BPM and nothing was checked.
Disabled GeForce Experience too.
Running an integrity check is a good idea. I seem to remember it borking a whole bunch of mods last time I did it though (removed Fonsecker sounds, skins, things like that). Does anyone know exactly what the integrity check does, how safe it is with a lot of mods?

Upvote 0
Thanks buddy.
Yep, full calibration has been done in-game and on the wheel. Tried the P1 Elite wheel and the Porsche 918 RSR wheel.

When you say "uninstall and reinstall the Fanatec software", do you mean the FANATEC driver package? FW and Drivers all seemed to update OK when I did them, as obtuse as the process is.

I tried RaceRoom but it didn't tell me to set up a new controller preset, it detected the CSW so I just set it up and calibrated the pedals etc.
I got FFB! But it was weak.
Still get nothing at all in Assetto Corsa, even with gain set to 200%.
Yes, uninstalling the Fanatec driver package and then reinstalling it from scratch, I had issues with it just not loading and reinstalling fixed everything.

When I got the second USB adapter for the handbrake it was a complete ball ache changing it to handbrake mode and being detected properly when the other one was plugged in with the shifter. Wasn’t giving me the option to update and then when it finally did it just disappeared completely after a lot of messing around it finally just worked properly.

PCars will automatically reset any controls as soon as you switch controller options, once you calibrate the steering it should turn the menu spring on and pretty strong to the point you have to change the menu setting to set the other direction.

How have you got the actual wheel setup, FOR, SPR etc.?

Upvote 0
Just had a brainfart: I used FFB Clip and that LUT generator app in Assetto on my previous wheel. I wonder if that could be the issue there, it needs disabling or redoing?
Wouldn't explain no FFB in pCARS though...

Upvote 0
Yes, uninstalling the Fanatec driver package and then reinstalling it from scratch, I had issues with it just not loading and reinstalling fixed everything.

When I got the second USB adapter for the handbrake it was a complete ball ache changing it to handbrake mode and being detected properly when the other one was plugged in with the shifter. Wasn’t giving me the option to update and then when it finally did it just disappeared completely after a lot of messing around it finally just worked properly.

PCars will automatically reset any controls as soon as you switch controller options, once you calibrate the steering it should turn the menu spring on and pretty strong to the point you have to change the menu setting to set the other direction.

How have you got the actual wheel setup, FOR, SPR etc.?
I'll try that tomorrow then mate. Cheers.

I've tried all different on-wheel settings re spring, shock, damping etc.
Nada.

Upvote 0
This is still driving me nuts. I'm guessing its a Windows conflict somewhere but to be honest I've absolutely no idea.

How best can I remove ALL evidence that I've previously used a CSR Elite with this PC?

Another idea would be to install a sim I've never played before (and therefore won't have legacy elements from a previous CSR Elite profile) and see if a brand new profile resolves matters.

I really need to sort this out urgently because if it IS an issue with the actual wheel base itself then I need to have a serious discussion with the seller very soon.

GAAAH! Frikkin' hardware. There's always issues when changing anything in a previously stable setup.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back