Your thoughts on RF2?

Wondering if anyone else has a Ultra slow loading of this game, Much like RF1. It takes forever to wait for the launcher to load, then when I click on the helmut icon to load the game, then another 5 to 10 minutes to get into the game. Then to pick a track or a mod, the slider doesn't move hardly at all. When I finally get on track, the games looks great at DX11, although I've had to turn the settings down quite a bit, most to medium or low, to get decent FPS. I even have the game set at 50 FPS. I might try switching the game back to DX9, I could run settings a lot higher & the game looked pretty good. And what's with that picture box to the right of the Mod menu, most of the mods don't show you what the cars look like. I'm going to go thru the mods & tracks in Windows Explorer & delete some tracks & open wheel mods I never use. Maybe that will help. So far very disappointing game for me. Funny thing is, I have just as many Mods & tracks in GTR2. AC & Ams & they all load in a few minutes. Am I doing something wrong, or does this apply to almost everybody. Never had a any game where you clicked on a car & no picture showed up. I was hoping when this Studio 397? took it over, they would change the interface & improve some stuff.

I am with a GTX1060 and a i2500k which supports only PCIe 2.0. I was once running it at 16x@1.1 and indeed the switch from 1.1 to 2.0 was huge. I am not 100% if 2.0 to 3.0 will make a significant difference. When I free the GPU to run with no fps limit I can see most of the time it is running at 100% so the GPU usage is not limited by CPU or PCIe.

Emery....your quote "For rF2 fps problems with 900-series or 1000-series nVidia cards, "particularly on an older motherboard" was what confused me a little since i'am using a "older motherboard" as you quoted thus my feedback for clarification, thanks! I guess you didn't mean such a ancient board like i'am using. :)

Aware of my older motherboard (MSI-890FXA-GD70) and CPU (AMD-Phenom 965 4 core) which can't support 3.0 thus their severe limitations! Not getting the performance i should be getting from my MSI-GTX970 but still very happy with my 70-80 fps with 20 ai from the GT3 Pack on mostly medium graphic settings and Post Processing on "Low" so wasn't in a hurry for a unnecessary upgrade and the expense involved.

There is a lot of people dismissed claims made on ISI forum with v3.0 offering no proof what so ever so it confused people
When I had my online rf2 room i must have got 20 emails asking me if my improvements were true lol

I can tell you my 5GHz sandybridge @v2 got flogged by my 4690 non K @v3 .....it was like upgrading video cards

did absolutely nothing else for other titles not that I lost a wink
some were slower because of reduced CPU MHz but i knew that would be the case

I'm wondering why you'd use nVidia Inspector to set Fast Sync when that is already available in the nVidia control panel? Usually one uses Inspector to get at settings that aren't available in the nVidia control panel.
View attachment 265956

Now that's a good question :) It's probably because i use Fast Sync only with specific titles. Now i can see that the settings in the nVidia cpl are avilable also as a per program setting. I guess i wasn't aware of that at the time.

"Am I doing something wrong, or does this apply to almost everybody? Never had any game where you clicked on a car & no picture showed up. I was hoping when this Studio 397? took it over, they would change the interface & improve some stuff."

The game does take a long time to load, even with a fairly new system. I have a GTX 1070, i7 6800k C.P.U., 16 gigs of DDR4 RAM, Samsung 850 EVO SSD, and Win10 Pro. It takes me 2 to 31/2 minutes to load the game or a replay. I don't know exactly why, but you're not the only one. This isn't meant as a criticism of the game either. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea