Your thoughts on F1

When you think of F1 what do you think?
I think, technology, some great (and not so great) circuits, drivers, Grid Girls, politics and stepping on their own toes. Don't get me wrong, it's my favorite series too watch.

Technology- What they are doing right now with these engines is amazing, but one thing I don't understand is the fuel limit. Oh sure they're going to raise it by 5kg for next year, but here is what confuses me. Why not let them run what they want? If team A can make just as much power as team B, but do it with 12kg less fuel.....lighter is better correct? I think it would also let us see an increase in the rpms which may make for a better audio experience. I can't get over hearing the V-10 era in person.

Circuits- Spa, Silverstone, Imola (please bring it back), Monza, Monaco (insane but I love it), you get my drift.

Drivers- Fangio, Stewart, Clark, Hill, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Schumacher.....I'm sure I'm leaving a few out, but it's a long list of great drivers.

Grid Girls- Need I say more. Didn't think so.

Politics- Can't stand it, but it's been a part of the sport since I can remember and that is a long time guys. I think they are trying to be a little to Green sometimes. I mean racing is about burning fuel and tires. Not fuel mileage. I can watch formula e-nough if I want to see Green. Speaking of which, make a pit stop and do WHAT? Change complete freaking cars. Oh sure that's cost effective lol, but I digress. If you like Formula E please know I mean no offense, just not my cup of tea.

Toes- Last years qualifying at the start of the season. Someone took their brain out and played with it a little too long, but they reacted quickly. I also remember a few years ago they were talking about the cornering speeds getting to high. Really? And what have we done this year? They are ballistic missiles. I like the look and the performance, but do they have amnesia?

Anyway, just some of my thoughts. I always like hearing different opinions. Most of the time I learn a lot from listening to others.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back