You can mod but you can't really.

Let me get this right, you design a game that lets the owners of the game modify the cars and give them to the community for free to have more fun with the game they bought and own. But you can't use the cars in the game as a base? What kind of bullshit is this. I could understand if you were trying to profit from their work but this is nothing but a promotion of the game which is why I think they allowed modding in the first place.
this is very disappointing.

"MODDING & CUSTOMIZATION
Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to reproduce and share their cars and tracks, taking advantage of the same editing tools developed and used by the developers of the game."

Reproduce, not Riproduce. ;)
Use the provided tools to create your own content, don't take something someone already made.

"MODDING & CUSTOMIZATION
Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to reproduce and share their cars and tracks, taking advantage of the same editing tools developed and used by the developers of the game."

Reproduce, not Riproduce. ;)
Use the provided tools to create your own content, don't take something someone already made.
I didn't reproduce anything. In the real automotive world you very often use a base car to create a custom car. Automotive companies like this because it sells their product. I am using the same idea here. If someone likes my Custom Mustang and wants to drive it they need to purchase the game so everyone should be happy.

Lots of Facebook groups for this kind of thing RD usually doesn’t allow rips or reworked kunos cars.
Infact someone has already uploaded this mod to one of those groups.

I know, you ripped it.

You could have modelled something from scratch, reproducing whatever you want, but you didn't :)
I modeled the complete exterior, headliner, and surrounding parts to the headliner, inner rear trim panels and wheels from scratch. If you knew anything about cars you would see that.

"Please officer, I didn't steal a car. I only took 90% of the interior, half of the bodywork, all the mechanical pieces..."

Doesn't really work like that I'm afraid :roflmao:
Zero bodywork, but the rest is true. why should I recreate all the parts since it is a custom Mustang. On top of that I own that model, I paid 40 euros for the game which came with all the cars. When I buy a Corvette and add a custom body kit, GM doesn't cry about steeling there design. Just because you can't design a car doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.

Zero bodywork, but the rest is true. why should I recreate all the parts since it is a custom Mustang. On top of that I own that model, I paid 40 euros for the game which came with all the cars. When I buy a Corvette and add a custom body kit, GM doesn't cry about steeling there design. Just because you can't design a car doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.
Keep going, I'm enjoying this :D

...why should I recreate all the parts...
Because stealing is bad :)

I own that model, I paid 40 euros for the game
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Love this one. Look forward to you bringing me the source from the EULA that states this :D

When I buy a Corvette and add a custom body kit, GM doesn't cry about steeling there design.
And comparing AC to something you really do own (not license) is not at all similar :rolleyes:

Just because you can't design a car doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.
Lol, you got me. My efforts are terrible (not being sarcastic, its crap :laugh:):
88hoAoVh.jpg

Gs2Vjnzh.jpg

5pY0b4Th.jpg

Because stealing is bad :)

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Love this one. Look forward to you bringing me the source from the EULA that states this :D

And comparing AC to something you really do own (not license) is not at all similar :rolleyes:

Lol, you got me. My efforts are terrible (not being sarcastic, its crap :laugh:):
88hoAoVh.jpg

Gs2Vjnzh.jpg

5pY0b4Th.jpg
Your words not mine but I agree.

Just stop, both of you. Apparently, cski68 wasn't aware of the way things work around mods on RD, or how Kunos themselves would like the community to respect their work. That's his own fault.
Going on about rip or not, how work is done or not etc, is pointless.

Let me get this right, you design a game that lets the owners of the game modify the cars and give them to the community for free to have more fun with the game they bought and own. But you can't use the cars in the game as a base? What kind of bullshit is this. I could understand if you were trying to profit from their work but this is nothing but a promotion of the game which is why I think they allowed modding in the first place.
this is very disappointing.

You should've read the EULA, case closed.

Apparently, cski68 wasn't aware of the way things work around mods on RD, or how Kunos themselves would like the community to respect their work.
Based on what he's saying, I don't think him being aware (which he now obviously is) changes his mindset on ripping.
If it did, I'd have expected a, "Oh sorry, I wasn't aware this wasn't allowed, I'll remove it" rather than the, "well I payed for the game therefore I own it" nonsense :)

That sort of attitude IMO warrants a bit of fun :D

Last edited:
Based on what he's saying, I don't think him being aware (which he now obviously is) changes his mindset on ripping.
If it did, I'd have expected a, "Oh sorry, I wasn't aware this wasn't allowed, I'll remove it" rather than the, "well I payed for the game therefore I own it" nonsense :)

Which IMO warrants a bit of fun :D

Easy now, William Wallace! :D
Yeah, not the smartest to rant on about mods, before checking EULA, guess we got that outta the way.

@cski68 judging from your Linkedin profile looks like you have a lot of experience in car design, would be interesting to see what you come up with first, then talk about how to implement it in game.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.