Resource icon

Tracks Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... - Gets rid of those annoying superflous ornaments popping up in the view.

Distracting palm-trees tops chopped off. Edited: Updated version 2.0 now also takes care of the "dark" trunk leftovers from the first version (1.0). It just renders them at about the same ambient color of their surrounding environments so they look more like cement posts than anything really annoying. You can just forget about them all after a few laps (detailed procedures on how to make it yourself easily are given at the Overview tab page for this update Version 2.0).

Copy the tracks folder inside the Mod folder to f12013.

To restore the game's original patchup_ot.pssg file, open the Backup folder and copy the tracks folder there to f12013.
f1_2013_2014_03_02_17_15_01_335.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
For members who use other Abu Dhabi track's mods (like F1 2014, for instance), if you know how to use Paint.NET (or other), and Ryder's PSSG Editor, the three files to render transparent are the following ones: < Edited: No longer applies. See the updated (final) Version 2.0's Overview tab page for instruction steps on how to do this yourself in less than 5 minutes! :)

Effing_effed_up_palm_trees_files.jpg

Last edited:
Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... - Gets rid of those annoying superflous ornaments popping up in the view.

Very good find Claude, you must have spent hours trying to find out how to get rid of these trees. However, I am all for realism as much as possible. I have been at the race in Abu Dhabi back in 2011 and the trees are really there, they are not creation of the game's designer. The moon actually at that time of the year is very visible and huge like there is no tomorrow. The whole package, track, location, ambience, scenery makes this race the DisneyWorld of racing, actually we can call it the Ferrari World of racing :)! it's an amazing place!

But I give you lots of credit for finding this trick for those that prefer not to be distracted by the environment around the track. Good job!

A bientôt, je serai a Montreal du 7 Mars au 21 Mars, une petit cafe pou une petit bière cela te dit/ we could exchange on our passion for Formula 1 and recollect the good years of Gilles and Jacques (to son, not the brother ha ha ha!)

Salut,
Jean-Marc (aka F1Canuck)

Salut Jean-Marc ! ;) First of all, I think you should edit the non-English part and start a conversation in private wink wink. Yes, I would love to keep them there, but I don't know if it's incompetence or just don't-care-ism since we are the ones who pay... Nothing new there, except that, in my opinion, if they would start caring about these small details... maybe their F1 game series would be more satisfying, and sell a lot more, rather than less and less... to the point of endangering the perenity of the series. Not just my opinion, I think.

It's record-breaking freezing days out here, but maybe around next week, the -1000 degrees will stop.... and we'll have like -1 to 2 C. ;)

Great, thanks for this. Definitely looks better.

Thanks for trying and liking it. :)

I am still searching for the textures of those ugly trunk left-overs, and I will post an update if by any chance I come to find them. I tried using the 2012 version, but these palm-tree tops where still popping up like in 2013 original. I even tried to copy the 2011 version, but my screen turned to burning red (scary). :roflmao:

Thanks for trying and liking it. :)

I am still searching for the textures of those ugly trunk left-overs, and I will post an update if by any chance I come to find them. I tried using the 2012 version, but these palm-tree tops where still popping up like in 2013 original. I even tried to copy the 2011 version, but my screen turned to burning red (scary). :roflmao:
Any pics of that "scary"?

:) I can almost feel the pain. Imagine the lousy 23-30 FPS rate with less than full grfx settings I have to put up with. I could buy a better gaming laptop, but I'm waiting to see where the market is going to go in a few months. I'm willing to wait until (and if) F1 2014 is released.

:) I can almost feel the pain. Imagine the lousy 23-30 FPS rate with less than full grfx settings I have to put up with. I could buy a better gaming laptop, but I'm waiting to see where the market is going to go in a few months. I willing to wait until (and if) F1 2014 is released.
And I thought I have a bad one... 50 fps on low settings with often framerate deops, and bugged off cars every 10 laps

Salut Gilles updated Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... with a new update entry:

Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... V2.0

This final version of the mod (2.0) is a workaround to minimize the palm trees' "dark" leftovers appearing in the first version (1.0).

View attachment 50951 View attachment 50952 View attachment 50953

It uses the original palm-trees trunk texture file (palm_tree_01_a_tr_d.tga.dds) to make these leftovers blend better with their surrounding ambient colors; as an attempt to render them almost invisible while driving pass them after a few laps, as well as towards them near the end of the first long straight. (Forgive bad English.)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Final update (2.0) is now available, Jean-Marc. ;)

And, I would like to add the fact that I would not have touched these palm trees if CM worked harder in order to render them properly (without glitches) in their game. But it seems they couldn't care less to work harder, a bit like their botched particle effects which resulted in flickering rain scenes.... they don't care.

Salut ! :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea