1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

Tracks Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... 2.0

Gets rid of those annoying superflous ornaments popping up in the view.

1. Salut Gilles submitted a new resource:

Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... - Gets rid of those annoying superflous ornaments popping up in the view.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. For members who use other Abu Dhabi track's mods (like F1 2014, for instance), if you know how to use Paint.NET (or other), and Ryder's PSSG Editor, the three files to render transparent are the following ones: < Edited: No longer applies. See the updated (final) Version 2.0's Overview tab page for instruction steps on how to do this yourself in less than 5 minutes! :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Salut Jean-Marc ! ;) First of all, I think you should edit the non-English part and start a conversation in private wink wink. Yes, I would love to keep them there, but I don't know if it's incompetence or just don't-care-ism since we are the ones who pay... Nothing new there, except that, in my opinion, if they would start caring about these small details... maybe their F1 game series would be more satisfying, and sell a lot more, rather than less and less... to the point of endangering the perenity of the series. Not just my opinion, I think.

It's record-breaking freezing days out here, but maybe around next week, the -1000 degrees will stop.... and we'll have like -1 to 2 C. ;)

5. Great, thanks for this. Definitely looks better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for trying and liking it. :)

I am still searching for the textures of those ugly trunk left-overs, and I will post an update if by any chance I come to find them. I tried using the 2012 version, but these palm-tree tops where still popping up like in 2013 original. I even tried to copy the 2011 version, but my screen turned to burning red (scary). :roflmao:

7. Milos

Milos
    Had things gone my way, who knows.. Premium Member

Any pics of that "scary"?

8. Hehe... no. I'm too scared of ending up with my now antique GPU blowing up in flames if I ever try it again, even just for a potentially short-lived screenshot :laugh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Milos

Milos

Mine is already bleeding out :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. :) I can almost feel the pain. Imagine the lousy 23-30 FPS rate with less than full grfx settings I have to put up with. I could buy a better gaming laptop, but I'm waiting to see where the market is going to go in a few months. I'm willing to wait until (and if) F1 2014 is released.

11. Milos

Milos

And I thought I have a bad one... 50 fps on low settings with often framerate deops, and bugged off cars every 10 laps

12. Salut Gilles updated Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... with a new update entry:

Yas Marina Circuit with Chopped Off palm trees... V2.0

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. Final update (2.0) is now available, Jean-Marc. ;)

And, I would like to add the fact that I would not have touched these palm trees if CM worked harder in order to render them properly (without glitches) in their game. But it seems they couldn't care less to work harder, a bit like their botched particle effects which resulted in flickering rain scenes.... they don't care.

Salut ! :)

14. :thumbsup:
    I have just updated the final version (2.0) which, I hope, makes it look even better. :)

15. Well, as the saying goes, there's always some one in a worse situation than we are (and I am that some one here lol). Anyway, I just updated the mod to version 2.0 (final) now. Hope it's a bit better.

16. Thanks for the update!

• Like Like x 1