Xbox 360 on SDTV

Now that I'm looking for an Xbox 360, I have some questions in my mind!

I have a Samsung Slimfit 72cm TV, it's an SDTV. I know that there are games that support 480p resolution so that should be no problem, but what about games that only support resolutions up from 720p? Will it be fine? In case of trouble I can have my current monitor as a temporary solution but it's not really ideal as it's not widescreen and small (17"). I might get a 23" 1080p monitor later with a 5.1 audio system, but that has to wait.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I would however try to find an RGB SCART connector. Images will be crispier than with composite trough SCART.

For SDTV's RGB SCART is always the way to go (except when you're not having a TV with RGB SCART (Like those who have NTSC-standard instead of PAL)). And s-video is worse than RGB SCART.
Image quality goes like this:
1. HDMI/DVI
2. D-SUB
3. Component
4. RGB SCART
5. S-video
6. Composite (also Composite through SCART of course)
7. RF-unit (Antenna, like NES had)

I've my stuff like this:
XBOX360 and PS3 -> HDMI
Gamecube, SNES -> RGB SCART (However and Gamecube might do Component, but my TV doesn't have that)
PS2, N64, NES -> Composite (I don't have a better cable for PS2, while composite is maximum for NES and N64) (The N64 has RGB Scart disabled on it's mainboard by Nintendo, the reason is unknown, but it can be modded)

if I remember correctly the samsung slimfit is actually an "EDTV", so it supports progressive scan and 480p, also it supports 1080i and 720p input (but it will be downscaled by the TV), also I think it have HDMI and component input,

so I think you could use 720p output on the xbox just fine, but also the xbox supports SDTV (and 480p) output for all games I think, but in some it's not well supported, like inappropriate text size,

but is your TV 4:3 or 16:9(widescreen)?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back