1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WSGT Megane Trophy V6 new relaese

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Rupe Wilson, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Racers modding Team release there Megane trophy,

WSGT Megane Trophy

The Renault Eurocup Mégane Trophy is a one-make racing series created and managed by Renault Sport. The series has raced with the Renault Mégane Renault Sport since 2005 as part of the World Series by Renault. The Renault Eurocup has run with various models under differing names since 1976.

from RMT
    Back in 2009 we decided to create a follow up mod for the WSGT. With the obvious name ” WSGT2″. we also decided to change platforms.
    The WSGT mod was originally created for the Simbin GTR2 platform, and the WSGT2 mod would be targeted at the ISI rFactor simulator.

We started work and passion and dedication levels where high. By the end of 2010 we had 22 models build, and 17 of them in game in the rFactor 1 engine. Image Space Incorporated had announced rFactor 2 during 2009 and we where discussing wether we should port the mod to this new instalment. Eventually, we decided to stop work in rF1 and planned to continue when the rF2 beta would be released.

As many of you might know, the wait was longer then expected. We carefully followed up the progress of the Beta and used our own Megane Trophy as a guineapig to get accustomed to the rF2 workflow. Initially we stated not to release anything before rF2 would go Gold, but apparently this could take longer then expected, so here we go…

megane.jpg

To Download the Mod Click me
    To Download the Template Click me

You can find this car on our server this week for some good old club racing with a selection of tin tops from Rfactor 2 Click me

• Like Like x 4
  2. Can someone please tell me if this mod is different/more real/better physics than the ISI one? Thanks in advance...

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

As from what I have heard, yes. It's different. I am not going to debate which is better though ;). Thats personal I think.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The WSGT cars certainly look great and they drive really good but, I'd have to spend more time in both versions to say which I like driving more. Worth the download? Yes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Well i really enjoyed our little test session with Gijs van Elderen yesterday, i had to learn both tracks we tried but felt good driving round finding my limits with the car.
    the endurance model looks promising for longer races, that's a great idea from the guys:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

What is the fueltank size of the endurance model?
    I did some races in the past, where i put the length of the race so that a megane had to pit, and then put them up against the a bit slower 370's. The pit stop leveled the grid again. If they have a huge tank now, they can run almost as long as the other endurance cars we have... Might be interesting ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Standard runs a 40ltr tank rear wing of 1-7
    Endurance has 100ltr tank and a bigger rear wing if needed 2 more clicks 1-9

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

The endurance has rain tires too;).

I tested the endurance version yesterday.
    I did a 2.00,5 at silverstone with this car. :) I think a good driver can dive unther the 2 min at silverstone.

The leveries of these cars are :rolleyes::inlove:! they have clearly fixed the meganes (ISI) ugly ass.

PS: saturday at 20 GMT this car is available @ nordschleife by night :thumbsup:
    I'm going to take a full tank and see how far the tires will bring me

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...tin-top-challenge-various-known-tracks.80964/

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Hmmm I feel a 3 hour GT challenge coming up.... :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1