Cars WSC/90s Group C Cars: Toyota TS010, Jaguar XJR14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just got on this thread.

Most likely you 've come into this source already, but I 'll post it anyway. In this site https://www.racingsportscars.com/championship/World Championship.html?page=4 you can find an extensive reference for laptimes (obviously on 90's track configurations, but still worth looking into them) for almost every race weekend.

As a side note, @The-IC @mclarenf1papa are doing an amazing job in searching and developing models of these cars. It 's not easy to simultaneously cope with real life and a time-consuming passion while not losing enthusiasm. Keep it up!

Also, ever thought of crowdfunding?

Regards,
giobra_29

Mate it's been 3 years. Think he still cares about it ? Why not share it with someone who could finish it ? Asking other people doesn't hurt. At this rate we'll get the TS010 in 2021, the XJR in 2023 and the rest in 2030. That's some attitude as well.
Really? A lot of mods take years to complete in someone's free time. That modder has a personal life with stuff happening all the time. A car/track/app for Assetto Corsa is not important; life is. He is not obliged to deliver anything.
There are lots of mods that have been in development for years and every now and then you'll see a glimpse of some progress. If anything you could ask the modder (privately) for a test version because you cannot wait, not bash the author for "not caring" in your words.

Really? A lot of mods take years to complete in someone's free time. That modder has a personal life with stuff happening all the time. A car/track/app for Assetto Corsa is not important; life is. He is not obliged to deliver anything.
There are lots of mods that have been in development for years and every now and then you'll see a glimpse of some progress. If anything you could ask the modder (privately) for a test version because you cannot wait, not bash the author for "not caring" in your words.

Which mods mate ? Cause here it's just one car. 3 years for one bloody car. You seriously don't need that much time to make one model - even 1 hour per day, that'd take... 1090+ hours. Bit excessive eh ?
I was excited to make some skins for it but now ? Not arsed anymore. Don't think many people will still care in 2022 (5 years then) when it'll be released (if it doesn't join the ever-growing list of unfinished WIPs).

Which mods mate ? Cause here it's just one car. 3 years for one bloody car. You seriously don't need that much time to make one model - even 1 hour per day, that'd take... 1090+ hours. Bit excessive eh ?
I was excited to make some skins for it but now ? Not arsed anymore. Don't think many people will still care in 2022 (5 years then) when it'll be released (if it doesn't join the ever-growing list of unfinished WIPs).
Obviously you're the expert here and have very high standards.
1.png

I'm sure everybody will be very sad to not see your super high-quality skins
And why would the hype around Group C have died down by 2022?

Last edited:
group c hype will down, because le mans new GT1 regulation cars 2022 or maybe 2021. and also f1 new regulation 2022.

Modern cars are unlikely to change what people think about Group C that much. If you like Group C, you like Group C and that can often (but not always) mean you're less of a fan of modern racers. If you're talking about companies favouring more modern cars in their games over classics, I can understand that but we're talking about mods here rather than standard game content.

I'm also struggling to see how any change in F1 regulations would change people's opinions of endurance racing history in any fashion. These are two very different racing disciplines.

Lastly, Group C last ran nearly 30 years ago so again, I'm struggling to see why a couple of years more would change people's views. Nostalgia tends to grow over time, not diminish.

Modern cars are unlikely to change what people think about Group C that much. If you like Group C, you like Group C and that can often (but not always) mean you're less of a fan of modern racers. If you're talking about companies favouring more modern cars in their games over classics, I can understand that but we're talking about mods here rather than standard game content.

I'm also struggling to see how any change in F1 regulations would change people's opinions of endurance racing history in any fashion. These are two very different racing disciplines.

Lastly, Group C last ran nearly 30 years ago so again, I'm struggling to see why a couple of years more would change people's views. Nostalgia tends to grow over time, not diminish.
Very true, I as a big fan of Group C (my favorite cars) don't like modern as much, some people think it's all about performance but if that was the case nobody would like old F1 cars since modern cars have much better numbers.

It's just brilliant the way some people list cars they want someone to create as if they were ordering pizza. I want this and this and this and this!

This thread has been there for 4 years and the cars are still not released. Yeah, asking him to make a few more cars is the logical thing.

It's just brilliant the way some people list cars they want someone to create as if they were ordering pizza. I want this and this and this and this!

This thread has been there for 4 years and the cars are still not released. Yeah, asking him to make a few more cars is the logical thing.

Sadly, this happens everywhere and in many types of games that get modded. I used to mod a Star Trek game with various ships and you'd always get the "I want X ship". It's worse with cars though as everyone has their own favourites, even if to many people they are pretty crappy (can you add my 1.1 Corsa as it was my first car and I loved it etc....). I guess people out there just don't understand the amount of time it takes....or they see a lot of the low effort conversions (theft from others a lot of the time) being churned out with copy paste physics and this leads them to thinking it's much easier to make a mod than it actually is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes