Wreckfest | Season 2 Trailer Reveals New Cars And Tracks

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bugbear Entertainment have released a new trailer for their upcoming Season 2 content release within Wreckfest - showing fresh cars and tracks coming to this exciting racing title.
  • New season to add various new cars to the game.
  • Additional tracks coming as part of season 2 release.
  • No exact release date available - but expected soon.

If you aren't familiar with Wreckfest yet, get familiar with it quickly it's awesome! If you are familiar and have it in your Steam library then looks like the coming few weeks / months are set to be a good one for you - content is cool - and lots of content is coming to the title in the near future!

Looks and sounds like it should be fun!

Wreckfest is available now on both console and PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the title? Lucky you, we've got a sub forum packed full of knowledgeable players to help you out! Head over to the RaceDepartment Wreckfest Sub Forum and start up a new thread today!

Wreckfest Footer.jpg

Attachments

• Wreckfest Header.jpg
    Wreckfest Header.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 317,883
Last edited:
It's a great game, it really throws back to the roots of the first Flatout and the ideology of the studio.

Bugbear lost their way for a few years, but they seem on solid ground now with THQ Nordic. It's just a pity that the publisher isn't interested in VR.

I have it running in VorpX, but it really isn't anything more than a giant screen.

Last edited:
A couple of great youtube channel's, Brit's, Belgians and Dutch, Total hardcore nutter's!! :D

VR could be uncomfortable for some people I guess, if Dirt Rally already is. In this, you'd go upside down quite bit. Some of the ramps/loops are more extreme than anything in Dirt Rally.

But some people play flight sims or something like Windlands, many people could handle it as well? Would be interesting to know how big % of VR owners suffer from motion sickness in more "extreme" titles. Isn't motion sickness more of a thing for people who don't own VR, but just try it briefly?

I have no problems with Windlands or making loops in War Thunder. Wreckfest would benefit from VR maybe even more than other racers, because 360 spatial awareness is so important due to it being "contact sport"

Also hoping for telemetry UPD, because devs talked years ago about adding a basic telemetry support. But it never happened. Nor have I heard any comment from devs as to why it was scrapped.

I tried to post about it on their Discord #suggestions channel, and tagged a developer, I guess they are aware by now that sim racers would appreciate both VR and telemetry. Going to their official Discord and bomb them more about it wouldn't hurt though. To make it clear there is demand:

My comment about VR and telemetry in #suggestions:

Last edited:
6.9 GB update. Gonna take a few sessions to get it downloaded! Since I'm not multiplayer these days, once the update downloads, I think I'll turn off updating for Wreckfest.

A couple of great youtube channel's, Brit's, Belgians and Dutch, Total hardcore nutter's!! :D

UK banger racing people raced on wreckfest during pandemic and streamed their races on their @cagedbangers FB-page. Cars with customised liveries etc, great stuff :)

pretty sure it will also cause some whining again about how a game developed since 2013, launched in 2018 and still developed in 2020 should give all that content for free...

I bought this game the day it was available. Im more than happy to shell out a few more dollars for all the DLC. People will always find something to complain about. Many people feel entitled to have something simply because they desire it.

Lol should they have been working on the newer content this whole time just to give it away?

I bought this game the day it was available. Im more than happy to shell out a few more dollars for all the DLC. People will always find something to complain about. Many people feel entitled to have something simply because they desire it.

Lol should they have been working on the newer content this whole time just to give it away?
Well I agree with you, like I said. But I saw some typical "overpriced!" whining already on Steam forums, as I thought. Not many whiners though, maybe the playerbase is more reasonable than I thought.

Personally I think the cars aren't essential to enjoy this, but I bought it just to support a company that gives tracks for free

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back