Wreckfest: New Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest Update - 26.2.16.jpg

Bugbear Entertainment have made live a new patch for destruction derby style game Wreckfest, available now via the Steam network.

With the title still in the Early Access program recent updates have been few and far between, however the boys and girls over at Bugbear are still working hard behind the scenes and this latest update is testament to the improvements being brought to the title.

The latest patch brings some new content in the form of a new work-in-progress tarmac track and various improvements and fixes within the game, including new and improved grass! (picture below).
Wreckfest new grass.png

For those of you who crave the chaos and destruction of a public server in SimRacing, Wreckfest provides a cocain-hit version of just that for the racers out there who think their car looks better with missing panels, bent suspension and smashed windows. Wreckfest is currently subject to a 33% off sale and can be picked up on Steam for just £16.74 with the new patch available right now...

Changelog
General:
  • Implemented an experimental version of part repairing and crew mechanics. Note that in order to be able to repair you first need to recruit a crew by clicking the small crew button above the car's icon and then assign your newly-recruited crew to the car.
  • Added a new work-in-progress tarmac track.
  • Improved all suspension setups.
  • Added Racing and Rally tyres in addition to Standard ones.
  • Improved off-road surfaces, now they are either more slippery or slow down.
  • Improved clutch logic so it's now easier to get the car moving again after spinning out.
  • Improved gamepad controller.
  • Fixed frequent crashing when joining servers with lawn mowers.
  • Improved vehicle paint-job changing speed.
  • Improved game start-up time after system boot.
  • Fixed graphics settings resetting after system boot.
  • Excluded paint-job related files from data modification check.
  • Implemented new grass.
  • Alpha-to-coverage multisampling for foliage is now always enabled.
  • Removed festive stuff.
Server:
  • Added basic event rotation functionality for dedicated server.
  • Added an ability to log dedicated server's messages to a file.
  • Further reduced idle dedicated server CPU usage.
  • Dedicated server configuration is from now on read from server_config.cfg file which is not clobbered by Steam updates. The file is seeded from the old initial_server_config.cfg file.
Take a look at our RaceDepartment Wreckfest forum for latest news and discussions.

Played the new update? How do you think this title is progressing? Please let us know in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
I played it a lot since the last update and i realy like it because it brings a lot of fun. First car this european 1 has little weak ffb but the america 2 or 4 and 1 have stronger ffb. Menu is a little bit to nested especiely when you buy parts at market and want to put them into your car. And not all parts for your car are market green. But FFB, Sound, Graphics are very solid and i have to test the multiplayer otherwise i go for hotlaps on the new tarmac3 circle very fun track

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%