1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WRC: VW Prepared To Sacrifice To Save Competitors

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by RaceDepartment, Jun 20, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. i think the issue is that VW are in my opinion the biggest manufacturer in the sport, yeah granted you see a lot of Citroen's knocking around but i don't believe they are on the same level as VW. That only really leaves M-Sport as another potential competitor and they don't have nearly enough money to challenge VW or Citroen at the moment. I believe that this is bad for Motorsport in general but the WRC is in desperate need of more competition if it wants to revive its popularity

3. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

I see this in two ways. First, good form from VW to realise the sport is bigger than the competitors.
    but that leads on to my second view as well. they aren't idiots. no doubt they realise that if they bury the competition now, in 2 years there might not be a WRC to run anymore.
    but ultimately I see this as a good thing, the WRC is quite crippled and needs support, not a single team dominating completely