WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 628
first im a pc user , dont have any problem with consoles. but with need a good rally car game for the pc. So i can play with my G25:). im a big fan of RBR Rally and in my opinion is the best rally game till date. for the console the game looks good for you to play with your mates on the sofa is fun to but not for me.
for the pc please make as real as possible and let the game to be Mod by other.
for the developed in Milestone if is till a problem is easy :rolleyes: install RBR Rally add your tracks,cars and the looks them change the the name to WRC 2010.

I'm a sucker for nice graphics as far as surroundings go, so Dirt is high on my list of an enjoyable 45 minutes. with a title like RBR, the surroundings can look like sh... you have to concentrate so hard just to get through it alive, it doen't matter. The physics in the vid look not too promising, no ruts, dents, potholes etc. on the tracks which make RBR the challenge it is. I remember hearing, though, that this game will be i-opener enabled, meaning you can race Loeb in real-time. If that is the case, it's a must :)

Thanks Bram,

The closer it gets to release the less confidence i have in this game. The Writer in that story compaired it to CMR1 and 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, great games in their time, i still have them, but we expect more now. Graphics are not that important. The GRAPHICS can be like CMR1 & 2 but the game play, the way the car drives is the whole reason we do this. They are making another Bull#%$@ console game. RBR will reign for many years to come.

I don't know Rick. I first would like to test a game myself before judging it. Normally i don't care to much about reviews, previews or whatever they are called by people that i don't know.

Would be interesting to see what Rhys G. has to say about this game.

If it will be at least as CMR2, I cant complain :) Games are about fun, even if it is the most arcadish game, it still can be fun which is the most important... I was just wondering about design of stages

And it is the same like in upcoming F1, it hasnt to be hard simulator, we already have great F1 mods in great simulators and more is comming (GTR3, rFactor 2) and maybe it is better to let simulators make from those sim makers as far as Codemasters arent truly sim fans :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back