1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WorldScene:ReserveRenderBlock

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Alexander Knoll, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Hi all,
    can some one help me with this Qlog?

Code:
    (WARN): [racer/3824] WorldScene:ReserveRenderBlock(); out of render blocks (max=3000)
    THX!

2. What track/car and sytem info? That's a new one I haven't seen before!

3. Perhaps your track is too big?

4. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

hmm...not realy....less 2k models and not bigger than 2x2km...~500 shaders...

5. 500 shaders sounds like a lot...

Shouldn't be too many of course. Why not give all objects one shader/texture and see if it works?

Try single out if it's shaders related or geometry related... hmmmm...

Dave

6. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Dave, 500 shaders is nothing^^ The Nürburgring have ~1k+ ^^ and 2k+ models and works well....but i will try it, THX!

7. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

Hi Bob, it doesent matter witch car...it change nothing... the track is a conversion i'm working on...
    I had this QLog with the Nürburgring too, but there where ~3k+ models....^^ and after i reduced it to less 3k it was gone...but with this track it don't work...:(

8. Could be a problem with the conversion, I've never tried to convert a car/track so it could be dificult to track down.

9. You have too many visible nodes in your frustum.
    Each render loop Racer will throw all nodes in a list and render them out.

Make better use of LOD'ing !

10. Alexander Knoll

Alexander Knoll
    NEVER GIVE UP!!

THX Mitch...
    i know i should use LOD's, Dave give me this hint some time agoo...but i'm not verry good with it...