1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[WIP] Calder Park

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ryan Callan, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Now that the my World V8 Supercars league is over for this year and I am free from editing tracks for that, I am moving on to a new project.

And after Flaux worked with me on Adelaide 2011, he has agreed to work with me again to improve this track.

The track in question is Calder Park converted by Hugh Jarse from SCGT, which is very old now (and strangely made tbh), so it will be a big task to get it up to standard.

The track will be based around the 2000-1ish era.

Hopefully we will have some screens suitable for you soon; looking at a turnover of around 6 weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OMG thanks a lot Ryan, I was looking forward to see an update on this fantastic circuit ! :p

3. Just a quick video to show the VERY early stages of development, track is at around v0.6, if that. Much to do, normally I wouldn't bother with this so early, but I was feeling nice so thought I'd let you guys see the direction of the project.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Silly me... I read "Cadwell Park" :confused:

Still, pretty good track ! :p

5. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

I did too, so your not alone! :)

But yeah, Calder park got a pretty different layout, which makes it fun. :)

6. Slow progress

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nice. Always liked Calder. But agree it was abit outdated. :)

8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller
    The one and only Premium Member

I read Cadwell Park too. You should do Cadwell after this :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I have downloaded your track, but there has to be done a lot to consider it ready to release.

10. I know it's been a bit quiet on this project, and it was supposed to be finished two months ago, but other things got in the way and it should be out by the end of May. Here's some quick shots to whet the appetite. Around 85% complete.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3