[WIP]AI Mod v0,1b (Patch 1.2!)

@Kristiann
I think that there are 4 groups
Group 1:
melbourne, catalunya, istanbul, montreal, valencia, hockenheim, hungaroring, brazil, nurburgring
Group 2:
sepang, shanghai, silverstone, spa, singapore, suzuka, korea, abu dhabi, delhi
Group 3:
Monaco
Group 4:
Monza
and you want to keep a value for every group and to fix the bug
is that what you want to say??

Yeah, I think I understood it already. Have the same problem, can't explain it perfect because of the language :D

It's a good idea to find one number which works for all tracks, but if you can't find one, it's not a big deal to have two. One which works for group 1 and one which works for group 2. We just have to replace the file corresponding to the track.
So did you already find the two numbers? If yes, just send it to me, I can test it (also with my edited braking points) and tell you my findings.

No, no, no... Oh.. how to explain it... =/

In the original F1 2011 there is only 1 number for all tracks. But the tracks are in groups set in the game so you can adjust it by groups WITHOUT changing the files. It is all in one file. I'm just telling how the groups are set in the game. I haven't tested with numbers, I asked Kartik to help me by telling me the differences in the lap times in and out of sight for every track and he told me he can do it tonight or tomorrow so till then I'll only try to find something else.

I'll try to explain it with a fake file:
You have a file named "OutOfSightLapTimes" (I'm just trying to explain it, there's no such file)
You have a defaultly set value for example
<laptimesoutofsight="0,655"/>

but when you have the tracks seperated in groups in the game, you can add
<group_one>
<laptimesoutofsight="0,534"/>
</group_one>
<group_two>
<laptimesoutofsight="0,757"/>
</group_two>

so the file will look like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<ai_lap_times>
<laptimesoutofsight="0,655"/>
<groups>
<group_one>
<laptimesoutofsight="0,534"/>
</group_one>
<group_two>
<laptimesoutofsight="0,757"/>
</group_two>
</groups>
</ai_lap_times>

Hopefully, you'll get it right now... :D

Hopefully, you'll get it right now... :D

Yes.
Even better than.

I can also help finding the difference out and in sight. Just did it thousand of times but never wrote it down. ;)
Just tell me what you need exactly and which tracks I should test. So we can progress faster.

I just did China. Here are the frustrating results. The times are very random.
I raced on position 2:

Vettel 1st
In sight (Lap 2): 1:36:708
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:38:238
Out of sight (Lap 4): 1:38:872

Webber 3rd (2nd after my pitstop)
In sight (Lap 2): 1:37:067
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:37:326
Out of sight (Lap 4): 1:38:423

Hamilton 4th (3rd after my pitstop)
In sight (Lap 2): 1:38:173
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:38:973
Out of sight (Lap 4): 1:39:504

I have no idea how a value should fix these random times. It seems that it also belongs on their positions and maybe also on their engines.

Tell me if I should go on. I just want to know what you think about these times.

Ok, here are my other findings:

China (repeated the test)
In sight (Lap 2): 1:36:605
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:38:507

Silverstone
In sight (Lap 2): 1:32:910
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:33:557
Out of sight (Lap 4): 1:33:116

Spa
In sight (Lap 2): 1:49:069
In sight (Lap 3): 1:48:934
Out of sight (Lap 4): 1:49:276
Out of sight (Lap 5): 1:49:436

Singapur
In sight (Lap 2): 1:43:966
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:44:100

More comes tomorrow.

I recall the AI cars were around 2 to 3 seconds per lap faster when out of sight. Now they are about 0.5 second slower when out of sight.

This is a massive improvement!!!

I recall the AI cars were around 2 to 3 seconds per lap faster when out of sight. Now they are about 0.5 second slower when out of sight.

This is a massive improvement!!!

Unfortunately it looks better than it is.
Like I said, the lap times are very random. I just posted leaders lap times. Problem is, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, ... are showing different lap times. sometimes 2nd is 1 second faster out of sight, 3rd is 0.6 slower, ... and so on.
You can't really measure the AI lap times behind you cause they fighting each other or make failures, or it's just the bug. I don't know. I can't see this cause I have to follow the leader and then pit.
So I'm not too optimistic here :/

BTW. That the out of sight bug turned into a "in sight bug" is because of Patch 2. I noticed this long time ago, but it was easier still to call it "out of sight bug".

So, here are the last results:

Suzuka
Vettel 1st
In sight (Lap 2): 1:35:417
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:36:594

Massa 2nd after my pitstop
In sight (Lap 2): 1:36:361
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:37:039

Alonso 3rd after my pistop
In sight (Lap 2): 1:36:695
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:36:606

Korea
In sight (Lap 2): 1:41:087
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:41:487
Out of sight (Lap 4): 1:41:665

Deli
1st
In sight (Lap 2): 1:29:493
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:30:949

2nd
In sight (Lap 2): 1:30.474
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:32:439

Abu Dhabi
In sight (Lap 2): 1:42:084
Out of sight (Lap 3): 1:42:484
Out of sight (Lap 4): 1:42:551

So, now it's your turn. Proof what you talked about ;)

BTW. I love Abu Dhabi. Best track ever.

I now have read the whole thread and really like your effort, but I think in the end you will come to the same conclusion as I did.

Since new year I have been doing some more testing with patch 1.2 and If you like to read it, here is how I think the game works:
I think they somehow limited AI speed out of sight. Most seems to depend on the curvature multipliers in ai_vehicle_track.
The rmCurvatureMultiplier still is working, but as I said somehow limited.
Example melbourne: I did extensive tests there.

With the original track files melbourne has no out of sight bug (patch #2).
rmCM=1.6 (original) -> no bug.
rmCM=1.06 -> AI slower out of sight.

Now if I make the AI slower via the curvature multipliers in the track file the following happens:
rmCM=1.6 (original) -> AI slower out of sight.
rmCM=1.06 -> AI much slower out of sight.

Now the opposite (AI leader to drive a ~1:23,8, second lap of 10%)
rmCM=1.06 -> no bug.
rmCM=1.00 -> AI slower out of sight.

Problem is now, that this is not even consistent when the weather changes. In melbourne, AI is about a second faster out of sight with 1.6 and 1.06. Here the value would have to be even lower.
In Sepang on the other hand, AI cars are slower out of sight with 1.06 and original trackfile. It seems that there are certain corners on each track, that trigger the out of sight bug. The reason for that is quite simple: Their curve modifier is too high. With a low rmCM they get slower, because the loose the racing line and loos time. With a high rmCM they get slower (I haven't a good explanation for that).

I Have started to try and make trackfiles for rmCM=1.06 that work, but it is difficult and timeconsuming. I still think, rm=1.06 is the optimal value, because prepatch it worked for all tracks fairly good. The rest will have to be done through the track files i think.

/edit:
@zlep

I have no Idea what got changed in the files you tested, but if you used orignal trackfiles and rmCM=1.6, then I might see a way to get rid of the out of sight, at least for dry conditions.
If you used different settings then my way probably does not work.
I don't have the time, but could you test the following: rmCM=1.6, original trackfiles, and write down the time gap between in and out of sight.

I now have read the whole thread and really like your effort, but I think in the end you will come to the same conclusion as I did.

Since new year I have been doing some more testing with patch 1.2 and If you like to read it, here is how I think the game works:
I think they somehow limited AI speed out of sight. Most seems to depend on the curvature multipliers in ai_vehicle_track.
The rmCurvatureMultiplier still is working, but as I said somehow limited.
Example melbourne: I did extensive tests there.

With the original track files melbourne has no out of sight bug (patch #2).
rmCM=1.06 -> AI slower out of sight.

Now if I make the AI slower via the curvature multipliers in the track file the following happens:
rmCM=1.6 (original) -> AI slower out of sight.
rmCM=1.06 -> AI much slower out of sight.

Now the opposite (AI leader to drive a ~1:23,8, second lap of 10%)
rmCM=1.06 -> no bug.
rmCM=1.00 -> AI slower out of sight.

Problem is now, that this is not even consistent when the weather changes. In melbourne, AI is about a second faster out of sight with 1.6 and 1.06. Here the value would have to be even lower.
In Sepang on the other hand, AI cars are slower out of sight with 1.06 and original trackfile. It seems that there are certain corners on each track, that trigger the out of sight bug. The reason for that is quite simple: Their curve modifier is too high. With a low rmCM they get slower, because the loose the racing line and loos time. With a high rmCM they get slower (I haven't a good explanation for that).

I Have started to try and make trackfiles for rmCM=1.06 that work, but it is difficult and timeconsuming. I still think, rm=1.06 is the optimal value, because prepatch it worked for all tracks fairly good. The rest will have to be done through the track files i think.

Limited out of sight speed - I don't think so. I may try to make them insanely fast to see if there's a limit but I don't think so. As for the rmCM, I've changed values there and I don't get it how it works. From 1.6 to 1.06 the difference between lap times is 0,2 or so... which just doesn't do the trick.. I'm with rmCM 1,6 - it's the original value and I don't want to change it as it won't do anything. Yes, the problem will be track-by-track balancing but we'll see how things will go. For now I'm only testing this and that and I'm trying to find a better solution for the out of sight bug as it is still working.. =/

But it does change things.
try sepang with 1.6 and 1.06 and you'll see the difference.
And watch what happens when you set it to 0.5 ;)
It has an effect, I'm pretty sure exactly the same as prepatch, but it is somehow masked by another effect.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%