1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Windows 8 upgrade launcher not opening

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lars Brugman, Feb 25, 2013.

1. I tried to install Windows 8 on my pc today. However everytime I try to open the installer, nothing happens. I have downloaded multiple times, but it still doesn;t work. Here are my pc specs:
    Windows xp 32 bit SP3
    Intel Core duo processor @2.93 GHZ
    ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Samsung 1 TB Harddisk
    2GB DDR2 RAM

Could anyone help with my strange problem?

2. Are you updating to 32 or 64bit?

3. Well the launcher just says: Windows 8 upgrade installer. I was planning to update to 64-bit

4. Where did you buy\download from?, I bought direct from MS using the Upgrade Assistant, I then downloaded the 64bit ISO and burnt it to DVD and also made a bootable USB Stick, because I had back everything up (was using 64bit Win7 before) I did a full clean install from the DVD stick.

I think your problem is possibly that you have chosen the 64bit version and it's not possible to upgrade 32bit to 64bit.

5. I downloaded from here. It just says Windows 8 installer. I have just downloaded the installer, not a specific one for 32 or 64 bit.

6. I just tried on a 5 year old laptop, and that works just fine! Can open the installer and choose everything just fine. Very strange.

7. Sorry mate I can't think what to suggest in that case.

8. Fixed by installing Windows 7 :D
    Thanks for the help Eyghon