Windows 7

Just read an article about internals of Win 7... Did somebody try using one of the Motec/RealtimeTelemetry-ish software, is it still working?

(Obviously an interface to one of the syslibs got changed)

• Russell Dent

Something slightly About Windows 7 when it comes out, I got this of another website it seems genuine:-
Speaking to ZDNet and then to Pocket-lint, Acer directors (unintentionally) revealed Windows 7 release date; twice.

Speaking about the company's new line of all-in-one PCs, Acer European President Massimo D'Angelo said that "it won't have Windows 7 pre-loaded. We [Acer] won't be actually selling it a day before the 23rd October."

Not to leave room for speculations, almost at the same time Acer UK MD Bobby Watkins told Pocket-lint that "23rd October is the date the Windows 7 will be available. There is a 30 day upgrade time so that customers don't wait to buy a new computer, so if you buy during that 30 day period, you'll get a free upgrade to Windows 7."

Saturday night, after installing steam & RACE, EVo & STCC on my 7 year old pc, I realized something very important and/or actually stupid :)

I actually installed windows 7 on a pc that is below the minimum requirements to let windows 7 run smooth......my old pc only has 700mb instead of a minimum 1 gb....
and quit frankly the system is running really really smooth. here and there some slow ups, but to be expected with an old pc..
And I was able to play Evo almost smoothly on tv with it....
now only need to install a audigy 2 (5 year old sound card) on the old pc and see how it goes :)

• Justas Mikužis

G25 and windows 7 problems

Hey guys, I today have a windows 7 system and there is a problem, no ffb.. I instaled vista 32 draivers in profile all work fine but on games (RBR,rFactor) dousent..

• Justas Mikužis

x86 and one strange situations, in game wheel work wery well but then I start ffb test
does not work.

One bad experience:

I tried to install it today...

When I was trying to get my Logitech Communicater STX WebCam working, I made the mistake not to google first the net, but instead trying directly to install the Vista 64 Software (I am running Win 7 64). Screwed it completely up! Which is unfortunately a known issue :(

Wondering when I will learn my lessons !!!

One additional thing, about which I indeed read before, but thought it is easier to fix, the new boot manager. So far I have not set found a way to tell him how to boot any of my other existing partitions!

Installed the RC today on laptop to give it a go and I'm going to stick with it.. I can see why so many people are going to use it. I'm running Firefox, Thunderbird, WLM and Dropbox at the moment, still 11 processes below the amount Vista runs. Ram usage is just peaking over 1Gb, CPU usage is noticeably lower now too :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%