1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Win 7 Ultimate VS Win 8.1 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Marc, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Marc

Marc
    Premium Member

Hey guys,

as this is a big community i like to ask if it makes sense to clean my pc and give it a go with Win 8.1 Ultimate? I have the possibility to get it for free (legal for sure) but i`m not sure if i really should went from Win 7 Ultimate up to Win 8.1 Ultimate. Are there any improvements to expect?

PC Specs:
    i7 3820 / X79 Deluxe / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD / GTX 780

Games:
    AC / pCARS / rF2 / iRacing / F1201X

Software:
    Adobe CS6 and some standard tools like TS, XPadder etc.

2. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

@Marc
    Well m8, Win 10 will be FREE for the first year from Microsoft via Update, when you have WIN 7 or 8 on your PC (Legal copy).
    So, maybe you stick to WIN 7, as I do, and wait for WIN 10 to come out. On the Microsoft page there is a Newsletter for Upgrading to WIN 10 for free. Or use google for it. But that you know allready... ;)
    Cheers,
    Andrew
    - Have FUN out there. -

PS: Win 8 sucks. Wasn't a good 1. Only my 5 cents.....;)

Habe gerade gesehen, dass Du aus Bremen kommst....ich bin dort geboren, 1961....:)

3. Marc

Marc
    Premium Member

Na dann Moin Moin @Andrew Boerner ;)

Thanks for the info, already thought it`ll be better to stick to the golden rule "never change a running system". Will have an eye on Win10 as advised...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well its not such golden this rule, you just should not hurry up to change an os until it matures a bit.

• Like Like x 1