1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win 7 Ultimate VS Win 8.1 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Marc, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Marc

Premium Member

Hey guys,

as this is a big community i like to ask if it makes sense to clean my pc and give it a go with Win 8.1 Ultimate? I have the possibility to get it for free (legal for sure) but i`m not sure if i really should went from Win 7 Ultimate up to Win 8.1 Ultimate. Are there any improvements to expect?

PC Specs:
    i7 3820 / X79 Deluxe / 16GB RAM / 256GB SSD / GTX 780

AC / pCARS / rF2 / iRacing / F1201X

Adobe CS6 and some standard tools like TS, XPadder etc.
  2. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Well m8, Win 10 will be FREE for the first year from Microsoft via Update, when you have WIN 7 or 8 on your PC (Legal copy).
    So, maybe you stick to WIN 7, as I do, and wait for WIN 10 to come out. On the Microsoft page there is a Newsletter for Upgrading to WIN 10 for free. Or use google for it. But that you know allready... ;)
    - Have FUN out there. -

PS: Win 8 sucks. Wasn't a good 1. Only my 5 cents.....;)

Habe gerade gesehen, dass Du aus Bremen kommst....ich bin dort geboren, 1961....:)
  3. Marc

Premium Member

Na dann Moin Moin @Andrew Boerner ;)

Thanks for the info, already thought it`ll be better to stick to the golden rule "never change a running system". Will have an eye on Win10 as advised...
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Well its not such golden this rule, you just should not hurry up to change an os until it matures a bit.
    • Like Like x 1