1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Williams F1 Uni Project

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adam Eggbeer, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Last year, I had to do a final project for my degree which made up a large percentage of out overall results. My project was to create three cars from the Williams F1 team, showing the advances in technology on the cars, through the years. I chose Williams because they are my favourite team and they also have my favourite car, the FW14B (1991-1992). I also modelled the FW07 (1979-1982) which won Williams their first Drivers and Constructors' world titles, and the FW31 (2009). I used 3DS Max 2010 to create the models and map the cars, and photoshop to paint the textures. I quickly discovered I can't texture cars to save my life so some of the livery's look a bit weird. Each of the cars were designed to be used in-game so the poly-count was low to make the game run smoothly (something I needed it to do when doing the presentation). Below you can see the clay models along with the colour versions:

FW07:

Adam Eggbeer FW07 Clay.jpg Adam Eggbeer FW07 Colour.jpg

FW14B:

Adam Eggbeer FW14B Clay.jpg Adam Eggbeer FW14B Colour.jpg

FW31:

Adam Eggbeer FW31 Clay.jpg Adam Eggbeer FW31 Colour.jpg

I also created a video of the three cars together:

2. what poly count are the complete cars?

3. Awesome stuff Adam :D

4. FW07: 8,654
    FW14B: 7,543
    FW31: 7,250

5. Nice work Ado :)