Will this title see VR support?

There's no point for such a small team to develop for hardware that is constantly chaning, so there was absolutely nothing done before CV1 was released and Reiza is currently focusing on other areas to develop than VR.

In the roadmap (http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-early-access-dev-roadmap-beyond.161/) there's nothing found regarding VR, but i don't know if they dropped VR or if that's still something that will become a thing once the roadmap goals are reached.

But, hmmmm, where does the VR talk actually come from?
Can't find anything on the indiegogo page?

Renato Simioni words from Reiza Beta forum:
" it´s still on our radar; we have another project besides AMS that requires VR; we are enthusiastic about and want to support it... I hope people can understand that moving mountains to try add support DK2 at this stage is just not sensible"

Xnorb you made a comment in this thread :p

Renato Simioni words from Reiza Beta forum:
" it´s still on our radar; we have another project besides AMS that requires VR; we are enthusiastic about and want to support it... I hope people can understand that moving mountains to try add support DK2 at this stage is just not sensible"

Xnorb you made a comment in this thread :p

I don't think DK2 support is much relevant anymore. Getting proper CV1 support would require DX11 engine.

That's the explanation why there was nothing done during Oculus Rift development as many people cried out because Reiza didn't care about wasting time and resources on DK1 and DK2.

I don't see much sense to add this for AMS when you plan to release another sim that will have all VR needs in a short time. Better focus on that IMO.
I see a lot of sense. For many people, me included, ams quickly became the main sim of choice. Of course I want to see VR support and of course it makes sense, I couldn't care less about reiza 2017 (by the looks of it 2018) considering I love ams and play it right now, not maybe-in-the-future-when-it-is-released.

Obviously, if it's going to take a huge toll on the dev team then I can maybe live without it, I don't expect reiza to move mountains. However, even some sort of alpha/beta support would be a huge deal. AMS has some of the most fun and niche content out of all sims and if we don't get vr in this title then we're probably never get to experience Brazilian touring cars and formula vee in vortual reality.

Edit: autocorrect is killing me...

Last edited:
The Brazilian touring cars and Formula Vee will be in next title probably :p
Again: no sense to add VR now with a short life time as AMS has. Except if what they learn implementing VR to AMS will be used in their next sim just like all else they've been doing now. But I doubt it as they were experimenting with another graphic engines that will probably have (or already has) VR implemented by their developers.

Spending a lot of time adding VR to AMS makes no sense to me, how many new sales will it produce, not many I bet. Better to work on the new sim and get that right.

Not sure why people think it will take so long to bring out the new sim at least in beta, they are not starting from scratch far from it. Adding a new graphics engine and adding higher quality content to their existing codebase is not going to take years especially if they buy in something like UE.

I see a lot of sense. For many people, me included, ams quickly became the main sim of choice. Of course I want to see VR support and of course it makes sense, I couldn't care less about reiza 2017 (by the looks of it 2018) considering I love ams and play it right now, not maybe-in-the-future-when-it-is-released.

Obviously, if it's going to take a huge toll on the dev team then I can maybe live without it, I don't expect reiza to move mountains. However, even some sort of alpha/beta support would be a huge deal. AMS has some of the most fun and niche content out of all sims and if we don't get vr in this title then we're probably never get to experience Brazilian touring cars and formula vee in vortual reality.

Edit: autocorrect is killing me...

You are regardless not going to get VR support for Oculus in AMS, at least not full support, because Oculus SDK requires DX11. I have yet to see Oculus running on an ISImotor DX9 sim, I suspect it would require big compromises for it to run at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back