• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Will The PC version Work With G27 This Time???

Discussion in 'MotoGP 15' started by peteduggan35, Jun 8, 2015.

1. peteduggan35

peteduggan35

Ratings:
    +7
    The big question . Will the PC version work with the G27 etc this Time? Does anybody know? Can Milestone answer the question?

2. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +369
    I personally do not know and doubt Milestone will answer

3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,095
    Why would any one use a car steering wheel for a bike game?

4. peteduggan35

peteduggan35

Ratings:
    +7
    Because I hav'nt got a pair of handlebars!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,095
    I haven't got a machine gun but that doesn't stop me from playing ARMA 3.

Seriously, using a sterring wheel for a bike? Come on. Just use an xbox type controller or similar.

6. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +369
    I use a 360 controller myself, but everybody can use whatever they want

7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,095
    Well to a degree I agree. Have you tried using a banana? :rolleyes:

8. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +369
    A G27 is common device for players, and it's pretty good. If he wants to use it or he is used to it, his question is legitimate. Your sarcasm is remarkable

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. peteduggan35

peteduggan35

Ratings:
    +7
    I started this thread in the hope to start a meaningful discussion with people like myself who own a good wheel and know the feeling and enjoyment you get from the more precise control a wheel and pedals give you. The game becomes far more enjoyable and feels more real than flipping a lever from side to side. Dont most people own wheels now who buy driving/racing games?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,095
    I will disagree whole heartily. Using a steering wheel to control a motorbike is senseless in my opinion and I am allowed that opinion. But I am biased as I ride motorcycles on road and track. I just couldn't imagine why anyone would use a wheel. It is so unusual. I'd rather use a keyboard than a wheel and even that is silly when you have access to cheap controllers that even in themselves are far less than ideal. We actually need a handlebar FFB device. Badly.

I would probably guess that only one or two people in the whole world would ever think of using a steering wheel to control a motorcycle in a game. Not bothered if they do though, that's their choice but it's silly.

11. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    I'm no biker pro like you, but surely a G27 gives more natural control than a controller with a little stick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,095
    In what un-natural way Dewald? A bike has a lever (the handlebar). A car has a steering rack that is turned via a gearing system called a steering wheel. For instance in real life on a bike you press down on the right bar to tip in left and vice versa. It's all about bar pressure, not steering degree's. Hard to explain really.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +369
    I do not know how your opinion has anything to do with the thread request, but nevermind.
    Maybe a G27 can give you more feedback than a controller.
    I would like to have a proper bike setup, that takes care about rider's weight movement and lean inclination.

Back in topic: peteduggan35 , in Ride wheels were not officially supported, but for some people G27 worked, for some others the pedals didn't work (the steering wheel did).
    I guess it'll be the same for Gp'15

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. peteduggan35

peteduggan35

Ratings:
    +7
    No G27 PC support no purchase as simple as that thanks for the info Jonix Just for the record PS3 version of Motogp14 works with G27 so it's really a console game.and they cant be bothered to include wheel support for PC users. Thanks Milestone but no thanks!.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jonix

Jonix

Ratings:
    +369
    Maybe you can try it, and if it works then you buy it ;)

16. slider916

slider916

Ratings:
    +3
    You'll need to use the x360ce emulator like in 14 for the wheel to work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Biondo

Biondo

Ratings:
    +0
    Pete I use a G25 wheel with x360ce on PC so yours should work. And disregard Andy's comments they are obviously not based on having tried a wheel. A wheel is the perfect thing to use for motogp. Set your rotation low so it works EXACTLY like handlebars (unlike a controller or keyboard).

18. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,095
    lol:laugh::roflmao::roflmao:

19. Jan Sramek

Jan Sramek

Ratings:
    +42
    Hi, for me x360ce works just fine with my g27, so good luck with yours.

And YES, wheel is pretty decent for motorbike games, i discovered this back when TDU1 came and i had a blast with bikes there. Wheel have let me do many things like gamepad never can, at least not so fluently and easily. I had a plan to use old flight stick and use it as a gas, cos you could twist it (used to control rudder) like on real bike, while put horizontaly.
    In fact i´ve done some hours on bike sim, while getting my bike license, and basicaly its a handlebar put on same base like wheels are, its just tilted differently.
    Definitely i can make something like that, instead of being an assO Andy!

20. Appie Kuipers

Appie Kuipers

Ratings:
    +20
    Guy's, what wheel settings do you use?