1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will GTR Evo be moddable?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Ross Balfour, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Just wondering.

Will all the files be encrypted like Race07 or uncrypted like GTR2.

I hope its Like GTR2 there were so many good mods for it. I wanted to do some modding (with permission of course) with Race07 but was too hard to do as there were so many files encrypted.
  2. better hope it is because a lot of racing game manufacturers are hardcoding their stuff now to the point where you can't mod it anymore, which really sucks..so let's keep our fingers crossed.
  3. I don't think game manufacturers are against mods but it's harder to make the files human readable/editable so they go for the easy, cheap version.
  4. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Is Race07 that much harder then GTR2?
    Decrypting those files is childsplay. It was already done on day 1 of the Race07 release last year.

Its some extra steps to take while modding, maybe thats why. Also I don't think Race07 is as popular in the modding scene as GTR2/rF.
  5. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

I was talkinng to some modders and they say they dont have the time to mod for Race07. GTR2 takes half as long. I just hope its the same with GTR Evo.
  6. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

GTR Evo is just an expansion as the Crowne Plaza expansion or as the Caterham expansion for Race (06). So I expect no difference in the way its presented compared to the normal Race07.
    We will get the answer soon on release day I guess.
  7. gtr-eveo will be in the same way crypted as race07 is its only a addon so i am 100% sure there will nothing change for the modders part
  8. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

9. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

With some many cars and tracks, what do you need mods for?
  10. There is only 1 (!) new track.
  11. but tracks never was a problem in race 07 nor it will be a prob in GTR - E i think ross was talking about adding
    other cars and even that will work its only not that easy as in gtr2
  12. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

From Wikipedia:

Other Simbin titles have a large following of dedicated sim-racers and modders. This means that there is a large number of mods and tracks available on Simbin's gMotor2 engine which should be easily modded to the new game.

13. :D That explains it all...
  14. I agree with Bram, with so many cars and tracks I´m not worried about mods in GTR Evo.

15. why do they then forget to include the track of tracks... :pound:
    it's asking for mods....
  16. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I'd love to able to drive a few Aussie tracks. Bathurst maybe. :evil:

Unfortunately that was the one big advantage of GTR2, at least many of the Aussie tracks were available, and it looks like they will never appear with Race 07, and I assume that also applies to EVO. :frown:
  17. I don´t understand why the hell every new games must be moddable? It´s a finished and licensed product and a good one. It has everything and a large variaty of cars and tracks to have many many hours of online of offline racing.
    Why should the community add their own stuff of tracks where there will be thousands of Imola´s, Monza´s, Hockenheim´s and what not! I for myself would not be appreciate it, if GTR Evolution gets moddable! To many flaws will arrise, thus cheating which seems still to be possible!

Use rFactor and get your Mods with it! It´s hard enough to get everything together with the chaos of rFactor Mods of thousands versions which causes mismatches and only dissatisfaction for the majority of people!

So I vote No to Modding a licensed product!
  18. Hello, I agree that mods often causes problems and headhaches.
    But modders helps in the evolution of simulation. We don't have to forget that Simbin started doing mods for F1 Challenge. I think that this story can repeat again with talentuous modders and there is some... :) Isn't it ?
  19. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I agree with you Sascha, except for the ability to add custom tracks. It adds lots to the game (provided the tracks are well made) and extends the life of the game for those who get bored with the same tracks.
    Also, this can become a disappointment when communities (like ours) delete GTR2 because EVO is seen as a replacement, but the tracks option is lost.
  20. Dennis May

Dennis May
    Premium Member

i would love a Nordschleife 24H layout, and im sure it will be made by some good modders in near future :D