Will GTR Evo be moddable?

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Just wondering.

Will all the files be encrypted like Race07 or uncrypted like GTR2.

I hope its Like GTR2 there were so many good mods for it. I wanted to do some modding (with permission of course) with Race07 but was too hard to do as there were so many files encrypted.

i would love a Nordschleife 24H layout, and im sure it will be made by some good modders in near future :D

... it is available, with 24H version, Touristenfahrt (stop sniggering children, that means "tourist drive" in English :lol:), there might even be another variations too:
NoGrip :: Race 07 Downloads - Raceking Nordschleife

On the modding question ... hope GTR Evo is moddable.
At the moment there are too many cars and tracks for me to even think of worrying about being bored with Race 07, or GTR Evo when it appears BUT ... take GPL, it has been seriously modded in so many ways, and the modders have exe'd everything up to make it easier to do!

The game still lives on in fine style, there are tonnes of season and car variations, and more tracks than you can dream of (including all the Aussie ones for Warren ... well, at least Bathurst is there :p) and the game now looks fantastic 'cos of the modders ... and biggest shocker, is that it is 10 years old in October!
How many other games that are not modded could you fire up today and say that they still look and play fantastic??

Modding brings great value for money if nothing else :thumb:

(EDIT: also, if you don't want to install or play any modded versions of a game, you don't have to ... so I see no problem for people who are against it :p)

The addon tracks for Race07 are so varied in quality, that id rather see no addons at all.. Simbin tracks are very pretty, only thing bothering me in Race07/GTR2 and apparently GTR evo too is the bit dumbed down physics, its fun for a while yes, but it lacks real challenge to keep it interesting very long, simply too forgiving. The amazingly nice eye candy forgive plenty though, rain especially... love that stuff.
:)

btw i heard GTR evo dont have night racing :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%